Joe X Posted April 27, 2014 Report Posted April 27, 2014 The difference in volume is very little back mounting the sub, you will need something towards 4 cubic feet net for the sub to work best.
thefourth Posted April 27, 2014 Report Posted April 27, 2014 The difference in volume is very little back mounting the sub, you will need something towards 4 cubic feet net for the sub to work best. This guy knows his stuff. If anyone will take care of you, it's this guy.. Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do thatI can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream. oh lawd.
Joe X Posted April 27, 2014 Report Posted April 27, 2014 If you want to try sealed just close the port but it is not going to help your lows any. it could sound better though.
Chrisxfl15 Posted April 27, 2014 Author Report Posted April 27, 2014 So I blocked the port and there was no difference in sound. Looks like I'm gubna build the box in the car.thank you very much for your help
Joe X Posted April 27, 2014 Report Posted April 27, 2014 If it didn't make a difference I am almost sure your port area is really small.
Chrisxfl15 Posted April 28, 2014 Author Report Posted April 28, 2014 Port is 15in high x 14in deep x 2 1/2in wide
Joe X Posted April 28, 2014 Report Posted April 28, 2014 With that port dimensions if correct your box would be 2.15 cubes net tuned to about 48Hz, that must sound like junk! Port area is low but you should still notice a difference closing the port, anyways the spec is terrible.
Chrisxfl15 Posted April 28, 2014 Author Report Posted April 28, 2014 Yeah it's really bad lol, I just check my car and I can fit a 30in L x 17in High and 18 deep... Would that work? If not could you help me design it? Or even one I could build in the trunk?
Joe X Posted April 28, 2014 Report Posted April 28, 2014 This will work reasonably in (almost) your space, the front to back brace is necessary, power: to sub rated, amp subsonic filter to 28Hz, port clearance 3":
alaskanzx5 Posted April 28, 2014 Report Posted April 28, 2014 If your willing to use round ports could get more volume. t1500bdcp 2 t2d4 15" 1 t600.4 1 t400.2 1 set p1 tweets singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.