kinetik batteries

so i currently have 2 stock style lead acid batteries as well as a kinetik hc600. im looking to add a hc 1800 up front and get rid of my lead acid batteries all together while keeping the hc600 in the rear.

the hc 1800 doesnt have side posts and id like to keep my big cables off of my stock battery conections just for cleanness. the hc1800 im looking at comes with stock style battery posts so im wondering what you guys do to make or adapt a top post to now have side posts i was thinking a solid copper bar bend then threaded would work but im also not entirely sure where to get such a thing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Copper-Bar-Stock-1-4-X-1-2-X-10-electrical-terminals-bus-bars-etc-/131176601918?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e8abc193e

thinking about picking up something like this cutting it to lengh bending it into an L then threading it

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

this is what i did

kinetichc14002.jpg

they clamp onto the posts, and have a threaded hole at the end to screw it in.

only like $5 at autozone i think. not too expensive

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Whatever route you go get rid of the lead acid batts asap and try not to run the kinetik with them. They could all drain each other.

05 Escape

2 Ascendant Audiio Mayhem 15s dual 1

Populus Audio 6500 (the only one around )

1/0 SHCA OFC

XS 3400 under the Hood

XS 3100s in the rear X2

Pioneer 80 Prs

Pac

Prv mids and highs

2 8s per door 1 tweet

if uk of another battery that is around 170 shipped and 80 ah then ill go with that

I picked up an MTX Sw1212 powered subwoofer today. This thing sounds amazing. 130 watts, 12" woofer with a passive 12" woofer tuned to 27 hz. Moving the pictures on the walls and my girl got wet from the bass when i showed her haha. Tonight should be good haha.

Whatever route you go get rid of the lead acid batts asap and try not to run the kinetik with them. They could all drain each other.

I run lead acid up front(deka) and a hc2400 in back. Never drain out at all. Both batts rest the same and charge the same. I just put a battery tender on one-two times a week to make sure they get topped off.

01 focus se

110 amp alt

Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0

Super start platinum AGM (starting)

2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back

Kenwood double DIN DDx271

A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines.

Orion xtx 64 in the front doors

2:1 4th order bandpass

Sealed off trunk

Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck

Orion hcca 12s (black coils)

Orion xtr3700.1

Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs

All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground)

Sky high dual 1/0 inputs

2 xs power D3100 in back

Sky high batt blocks

Rose audio batt blocks

Stinger volt meter

All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders

Db link remote/ rca

From what i understand running reg batts & AGM batts together are a bad idea Period! They dont function properly and would do it. To OP, the make adapters from top to side mount so you could run everything seperately like you like. I have an optima i got for free and plan to upgrade at some point and do just what your asking. The Blue top has side & top post so this is what i did.

Lancerpics2013036_zps798c1d54.jpg

Archived