Second Skin Audio

Help with a complicated enclosure (Wedge with FI BL's)

KWP123

Looks like it could happen.

FITorres_zpsa9f4c8bb.jpg

It would be nice if one of the more experienced guys could give it a look over though.

Edited: Occasionally im retarded.

Now the net volume is only 3.79 after all of the displacements... (subs, port, bracing) so is this the volum that the company is calling for in their recommended volume??? (gross volume or net volume?

Are you trying to keep the back seats? Because I know a guy who has 2 dc 18s on a nendo 5500 in a 4th order. He did have to remove the back seat but it gets crazy loud. Just a thought.

You'd be louder with two 12s in ample volume than with one 15, so unless you just have some sort of obsession with having 15s, I'd seriously consider two 12s.

There is more than just cone area to consider in comparing two 12s to 1 15 also. You also have two motors, which equates to more power handling (provided you're comparing similar subs) and most importantly, you'll get a lot better low end extension by giving two smaller subs plenty of internal volume.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

You'd be louder with two 12s in ample volume than with one 15, so unless you just have some sort of obsession with having 15s, I'd seriously consider two 12s.

There is more than just cone area to consider in comparing two 12s to 1 15 also. You also have two motors, which equates to more power handling (provided you're comparing similar subs) and most importantly, you'll get a lot better low end extension by giving two smaller subs plenty of internal volume.

see if I get two 12's it would have to be from the BL series, which are rated at 1,500rms, so a total of 3000rms I can push. The 15 I want is the SP4 which is rated at 3000rms alone... so no I am not comparing similar subs, so how does this compare out in the end? My end goal is to feel it in my chest. I understand that more cone area means more air moved. But two 12's at 3000rms or one 15 at the same 3000rms. The BL's only have 18mm xmas and the SP4 has 33mm xmas. Plus I have heard that 12's aren't recommended for low low's. I listen to alot of bass boosted dubstep.

see if I get two 12's it would have to be from the BL series, which are rated at 1,500rms, so a total of 3000rms I can push. The 15 I want is the SP4 which is rated at 3000rms alone... so no I am not comparing similar subs, so how does this compare out in the end?

I didn't explain that well. I meant similar with respect to total power handling. With the scenario above, you have more motor force and power handling simply because the two smaller subs will cool better and because both of those models will handle more than their rated power. And with two 12s there is the cone area consideration... 2-12s will give you ~174in² of cone area and 1-15 will have ~123in². THe only other serious consideration is xmax and if there's not much (or any) difference in xmax then the two 12s is definitely a better choice.

Facebook: facebook.com/audioanarchyllc

Instagram: audioanarchyllc

Youtube: youtube.com/bbeljefe

aaresizehorizontal_zps47821bb2.jpg

see if I get two 12's it would have to be from the BL series, which are rated at 1,500rms, so a total of 3000rms I can push. The 15 I want is the SP4 which is rated at 3000rms alone... so no I am not comparing similar subs, so how does this compare out in the end?

I didn't explain that well. I meant similar with respect to total power handling. With the scenario above, you have more motor force and power handling simply because the two smaller subs will cool better and because both of those models will handle more than their rated power. And with two 12s there is the cone area consideration... 2-12s will give you ~174in² of cone area and 1-15 will have ~123in². THe only other serious consideration is xmax and if there's not much (or any) difference in xmax then the two 12s is definitely a better choice.

BL's have 18mm and the SP4 has 33mm that is over a cm difference.... is that not conisdered significant enough to make a difference?

My BL's get the job done and get low. :good:

VM-1

Pioneer DEH-80PRS

Hertz HSK 165XL

Arc Audio KS 300.2

Linear Power 1002 Full Mods

Fi Audio Q 10s

Sundown Audio Scv 3000

Big 3

XS Power D5100 Juice Box 20AH

Singer Alternator

Sky High Wire