Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Help with a complicated enclosure (Wedge with FI BL's)


KWP123

Recommended Posts

Posted

Size of sub does not determine how well it will play different freq.

box design is a huge part n that. Hence why he is saying 2 12s in a box of adequate volume will be better. Not just louder but could be able to play the same songs with more force.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

Don't sacrifice port area. It can create port noise but on the worse side you could end up with a less then optimized sound quality/freq range.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Posted

I thank EVERYBODY FOR ALL OF THE HELP!!!! This is what I have so far

First the tuning calculations:

Tuning-1.png

And now my very VERY rough SketchUp (first time ever using the program). I know that I didn't complete the port length... This is getting very intricate, so I want to make sure I am going down the right path first. ALSO for the port length to be 35" I will have to bend up the vertical Back Face AND also bend again to on the Top Face... is this feasible or am I waisting my time with a port that long???

Front.png

BoxAngle.png

BackAngle.png

SidePortView.png

Posted

Here is the completed port. after crunching the number I will only be able to pull off 33.5625 (9/16) port length. (Unless somebody tells me it is ok for me to continue my port along the Top Face. So after puting that into the calculator I am now tuned to 34.68Hz.

The latest tuning calculations

Tune2.png

And the finished box based off of the tuning calculator

SidePortView1.png

So Is this possible???? or am i still to small?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 3493 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...