GassenD Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 Talked to a guy today about building me a box for my 2 Sundown SA 15s, On the website it says 3.0-4.0 ft^3 a sub, is that after port/sub displacement? I told the guy 8 ft^3 slot port tuned @32, for the whole box, is that on the small side? He's not starting it till after the weekend, so I'll call him in the morning if I need to change.. '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
Joe X Posted May 1, 2014 Report Posted May 1, 2014 The site specifies net (after all displacements) your box spec is right as long as you don't overpower the subs.
GassenD Posted May 1, 2014 Author Report Posted May 1, 2014 Okay just making sure, how much would you consider overpowering them? I heard these can take 1k+ daily, I'll be running them on a Hifonics Brutus BRX2000D @ 1ohm.. Not the greatest amp, but it's a good budget amp.. '97 Explorer2 Sundown SA 15's SQ 2200D Kinetik KHC1800 (Front) Kinetik KHC 2000 (Back) KnuKonceptz 1/0 OFC 130A Alt + Big 3
Joe X Posted May 2, 2014 Report Posted May 2, 2014 You can run the subs with that amp and box size but any clipping will have consequences, do your electrical right and set your gains with DD-1 or something like that, set your subsonic filter to 28Hz and tune to about 35Hz or lower to protect the subs from overexcursion.
john253a Posted May 3, 2014 Report Posted May 3, 2014 On 1k don't shoot for 4net 3.25-3.5net 100sq" of port
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.