Second Skin Audio

Quad Baffle Question

Lets say the front 2 layers 1.5 thick are scrwed on to the front of the box, then layers 3 and 4 1.5 thick are wedged into the sheel. Half scrwed on and half wedged lol...

Now for the wedged part, lets assume it has clearence like .25 all around so it clear the shell and slides in easy. Basically layer 3 and 4 are only attached to 1 and 2. Is this not structurally sound? I suppose i could glasss in 3 and 4 afterwards. I only ask because sometimes wedgin in a baffle is tricky especially if one side or what not is slightly off.

let me know. This may not even make sense lol hope it does.

took me a few times to read it to understand

how are you going to get the 3rd and 4th in if the front is screwed on.....or going in from the back (wall?)

if you're shell is square or rectangle, with good cuts it should slide in pretty easily. If not that's what a hammer is for

Team Flex Issues

took me a few times to read it to understand

how are you going to get the 3rd and 4th in if the front is screwed on.....or going in from the back (wall?)

picture this. layer 1 and 2(screwed on to front) 22'x 54" and then layer 3 and 4(wedged into the wall) are 20"x 50"

all 4 layers are screwed and glued together so it is a monolithic piece.

my point/issue is layer 3 and 4 that gets wedged in may not be a perfect wedge. Is that ok for structure? even after glassing.

For then to be 20x50

Your box only has 1" walls and not 1.5"

I witch going over 2" in the baffle is a wast of time and money

If you on the other hand box surface area of

22x54 with 1.5 all round the inserted would need to be 19x51

In witch case well worth the effect

Archived