CHEAP HU with 3 sets RCA's?

Ok so i am looking for a cheap deck with 3 sets of rca's so i can use low outs to my mids and highs as well as my subs because my old kenwood excelon just died (which did not have an amp for highs at he time) and i seen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kenwood-KDC-X497-CD-Player-Receiver-Built-in-HD-Radio-Front-Aux-New-KDCX497-/271194244471?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item3f246fc577

for 88$ with 4v outs. and i was wondering how much of a difference it would in quality compared to using a high level output? this is my first time using high level for anything other than a sub

and would it be worth it for me to save the extra money and just get a 60$ pioneer or sound-stream? on a side note what is the quality of there HU's like? i seen

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191138701002?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

and this is nice and on sale http://www.ebay.com/itm/Alpine-CD-Apple-iPod-Ready-In-Dash-Deck-/191145970195?pt=Car_Audio_In_Dash_Receivers&hash=item2c81300a13

Any suggestions for HU's would be nice

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

Go with the eXcelon, that Soundstream looks like a piece of shit. Kenwood eXcelon is a GREAT deck and you won't be disappointed and that's a smoking price(it's an older model).

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

The excelon I had that dies on me was nothing but trouble and has kind of ruined kenwood for me. I know there quality but it's like throwing up after drinking one type of hard liquer one night, you don't touch that liquor for awhile kind of thing.

Subs= SoundQubed HDC3.112 Amps= Audio Technix1200.1, Sony XM4x40 & Clarion XC1410 Rear= Pioneer 6"x9" coaxial Front= Polk 6 1/4 componants Trunk Lid= Pioneer 6 1/4 coaxil Battery= Optima Yellow-top (front) Shrunken 35AH Wire= 0/2 AWG welding Cable! Alternator= 125amps Extra= Continuous duty solenoid

You got a fluke then. I NEVER had a Kenwood die on me. And that Soundstream you posted is absolutely inferior to any eXcelon product.

If you don't want Kenwood again, also stay away from JVC, since Kenwood owns Anna's builds them.

In the price range you're looking, the won't be tons of options for 3 sets of RCAs and even fewer with 4V preouts.

Its used but ive got a Clarion CZ500 up for sale. Bluetooth usb cd 3 sets of 4V. pm and I can send some pics. Asking $110. But pm if interested. And great SQ

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

You got a fluke then. I NEVER had a Kenwood die on me. And that Soundstream you posted is absolutely inferior to any eXcelon product.

ice

If you don't want Kenwood again, also stay away from JVC, since Kenwood owns Anna's builds them.

In the price range you're looking, the won't be tons of options for 3 sets of RCAs and even fewer with 4V preouts.

Its funny that you say that because in that same build it had a pair of jvc subs that had to be sent in twice due to hitting the floor, and the kicker amp blew from over heating. Now that i think about it that entire build was nothing but problems. It was my fathers first build that got me into car audio when i was younger by a professional shop. I think i do allot better. Keenwood it is.

And its not that i dont have the budget i just cant justify over 100 on a single din deck And the last time i went all out on a pioneer app radio 1 i hated it

I've heard about issues with the App radio stuff.

I didn't Korean to like PUSH the eXcelon, but I've always thought(next to Alpine, and the high $ SQ Pioneers) that they were the best, especially for the price.

On a side note, a local guy that competes(and always wins), just changed out his PR80S Pioneer for the top model Kenwood eXcelon and will never go back. He had problems with his PR80S and he says(I've listened and can vouch too) that the eXcelon is much nicer and cleaner of a sound than the Pioneer ever was. I've always been a believer in them.

i have had awesome luck with the pioneer decks and love there eq's. Also i might get shit on for this but the newer jvc arsnal series seems to be pretty nice as well lots of locals seem to love them

The JVC Arsenal series is VERY solid. I run JVC for the first time ever, since it's owned by Kenwood now. When my double din fires up, it was says JVC/KENWOOD Corporation on startup.

The Arsenal and Chameleon series are nice from them. I couldn't find it in myself to spend $800 to replace my double din Kenwood eXcelon that got stolen and settled with the JVC. I've been very happy with it.

Archived