bassman619 Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 Installed a kenwood ddx470 ..got alternator whine in my highs. Noise only happens when the engine is on. I had no noise on my last hu which was a pioneer deh8300ub...im using the same 4ch amp and rcas as before ..amps grounded well and in the same place as before..I did make small changes tho. The hu is grounded to the firewall like the one before it but the park wire is grounded to the harness..I also had constant and ignition both wired to the constant before no I have a fused wire tapped into the ignition switch harness for ignition power to the hu..I also had to cut away a small section of plastic in the dash to get the hu to fit. What have I tried so far? tried some bandaids (ground loop isolators) and made the noise worse. Tried grounding the outer rings or the rcas at the amp ..no change .. tried moving rcas as far as possible from other wires no change .. Tried moving the crossovers for my components no change Tried disconnecting rcas from the amp took away the noise but also the sound.. noise comes thru on all sources I also have my stock speaker wires wired to the hu because the car has stock tweeters in front which actually sound pretty good and also in case I want to install a line out to run more channels... noise comes thru stock tweets as well. What do u guys think it could be? Looking for some input before I try to fix it. I was gonna do it yesterday but I changed the oil and replaced the struts on my car and the parts store gave me the wrong struts and I killed my plan of getting the suspension done before it got hot outside .. You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
never knows best Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 heres some helpful info- http://www.termpro.com/asp/pubs.asp?ID=121
pioneerforlife Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 Run a ground wire from you batt to your Head unit. Buddy of mine had the same problem and once we grounded the HU directly to the batts it stopped. 2007 Ford Focus SES Hatchback Pioneer HU 4 Digital Designs 9515i's in a B pillar. 2 Soundstream XXX 15K's (running at 16 volts) Soundstream Mids/Highs in custom door panels (getting rebuilt soon) Soundstream TA2.160 and TA2.400 Sky High and KNU wiring 3 Banks of Maxwell caps Winston Lithium (not a fan) Bump4Life 250 Amp Alt. aka USAlternators Soundstream Focus and Avenger Build Log Instagram @p4linnovation YouTube: Team Blowin Loud
k3n12ock Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 Probably that new fused wire. 05 xB - (2) EVIL 18s - (2) BC3500s - NO WALL Channel 1: http://www.youtube.com/k3n12ock Channel 2: http://www.youtube.com/MrK3n12ock2
Rck'nRF Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 Try hooking up your pioneer HU again..noise gone?
bassman619 Posted May 5, 2014 Author Report Posted May 5, 2014 Probably that new fused wire. This is what I was afraid of..I dont want to spend $150 On a damn data link might have to live with a manual turn on/off hahaha You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
bassman619 Posted May 5, 2014 Author Report Posted May 5, 2014 Try hooking up your pioneer HU again..noise gone? Dammmnn thats not gonna be easy I soldered all connections.. You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
bassman619 Posted May 5, 2014 Author Report Posted May 5, 2014 Is it possible that the park wire connected to the harnesses ground could be causing this issue? You need trunk space to get groceries and shit...bitches love groceries
Rck'nRF Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 Try hooking up your pioneer HU again..noise gone? Dammmnn thats not gonna be easy I soldered all connections.. How about, taking fuse out of Kenwood hu or unhooking it somehow,then hook up pioneer hu directly to batt,then long rca's to amp?
ghostlyrich Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 Try getting a better ground on your head unit. If you have rca's back there make sure there not kinked and the fins of the rca have a good connection on the posts. I had alt wine because of a damaged pair of rca's one. And of course if all else fails and you bought the head unit local ask to exchange the head unit so you dont have to rip the wiring out and plug in the new one and see if that fixs the problem might be a defective unit or bad ground inside My youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/ghostlyrich Mazda 3 2006 Build (R.I.P) http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172728-mazda-3-2006-stealth-build/ Volkswagen GTI 2011 Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/192979-vw-gti-2011-build/ Jeep 2015 Build http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/201493-my-new-jeep-2015/
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.