sicklife17 Posted May 5, 2014 Author Report Posted May 5, 2014 What's wrong with running two different types of subs?
KillaCam Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 Running different subs with different boxes that are probably tuned differently will give you some cancelation and bad sound. You can just go all EXO on it and expect it to sound good. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
sicklife17 Posted May 5, 2014 Author Report Posted May 5, 2014 I would like to run them all in the same box with same tuning
KillaCam Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 You can do what you wish. I'm just trying to give you a heads up that it's not a good idea. I'm sure someone can come in here and give you the scientifical reasons why. I'm not too good with explaing that in a way that makes simlple sense. And the fact more than one person agrees does not make it a circle jerk, it makes it a bukkake scene and you're in the middle Chick took 3 shots of Jager, and then, pissed in my mouth.. B5 Passat Build Log
SlamminBeats Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 DONT MIX SUBS /thread get over it man pick 1 brand and use it. simple as that.
sicklife17 Posted May 5, 2014 Author Report Posted May 5, 2014 If theres a good explaniation of why I cant do it then I will sell the alpines and get more sundowns. but if not I will build a new box
GSanders17 Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 Different woofers, different t/s parameters, different boxes, don't do it.
timc31610 Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 One will likely damage the other. If you have the two type r's in the same box as the sundown because of power handling capabilities you will end up damaging one or all of your subs. Go with two sundowns. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
sicklife17 Posted May 5, 2014 Author Report Posted May 5, 2014 So let's say I did build this box...... It would have to have bassicly build three small boxes inside the big box so they don't destroy each other
Guest Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 dont even bother doing that. just sell the type r's and get another identical sundown woofer
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.