dortiz29 Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 I am looking to purchase a new pair of 6.5" components. I can spend anywhere from $200-$300. I can also power them with anywhere from with 100 or 200 rms. I would really like a pair with a smooth tweeter, that is mainly what i'm looking for. I will be running passive. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. These will be going in a 2010 Nissan Versa.
Marquisboys Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 Look at Image Dynamics 2004 Grand MarquisAA Mayhem 18Crescendo 3500d6.5's AQ Pro AudioAQ Super TweetsImage Dynamics 6x9Soundqubed 125.4MB Quart 80.4144.2 db GONZO 2013 Chrysler 300S Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior Inferno Red Interior 5.7 HEMI AWD LMI Air Hammer Intake Corsa exhaust Custom Tune
MrSkippyJ Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 really the best answer is to listen to them yourself and decide what sounds good to you. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
dortiz29 Posted May 5, 2014 Author Report Posted May 5, 2014 really the best answer is to listen to them yourself and decide what sounds good to you. Yeah I know, problem is I don't have any quality stereo shops near me that have some of the speakers i've been looking at.
MrSkippyJ Posted May 5, 2014 Report Posted May 5, 2014 go to some competitions and listen there. otherwise you are going to end up with a set of speakers that don't sound how you like. F150: Stock 2019 Harley Road Glide: Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt Processor: DSR1 Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx Lid (Rear) 6x9s - TMS69
dortiz29 Posted May 5, 2014 Author Report Posted May 5, 2014 go to some competitions and listen there. otherwise you are going to end up with a set of speakers that don't sound how you like. Thanks for the advice
Cipher Posted May 6, 2014 Report Posted May 6, 2014 Sounds like you are in the same boat as me. I have no shops near me that have anything other than kicker, fosgate or JL, never any comps around here. I did manage to hear a set of the Hertz 165.5's on an Arc audio amp and they were very nice, crisp and clean, but not too harsh.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.