Sonic Electronix

Shop said they dont use DD1 or Oscope to tune. they do it by ear. Should i trust them?

if you have a 4 channel amp that puts out 150x4 but on 2 of those channels you only want 100 watts how would you go about doing this. would the dmm method be ok in this scenario where you need to set gains lower than the amp can push?

97 Lexus ES 300

Source: clarion cs702

Front stage: faital pro 6fe200, seas prestige 27tafnc/g

Subs: soundqubed hds212 x2

Amp: mids and highs PPI P900.4. subs Alpine MRP-M850

Pretty sad then... our 3 shops here in Anchorage have them and we are usually 20 yrs behind the lower 48. LOL

Behind? I think not. I used to call on Alaska when I worked for Rockford. I was amazed at how shops up there never lost track and still provided excellent value to their clientele. Every single shop I called on in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Wasilla, Kenai, etc. had some sort of formula that made them a bit different. I met a bunch a sharp guys in my travels up there.

If you live in Alaska, you have a LOT going for you in car audio.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Pretty sad then... our 3 shops here in Anchorage have them and we are usually 20 yrs behind the lower 48. LOL

Behind? I think not. I used to call on Alaska when I worked for Rockford. I was amazed at how shops up there never lost track and still provided excellent value to their clientele. Every single shop I called on in Anchorage, Fairbanks, Wasilla, Kenai, etc. had some sort of formula that made them a bit different. I met a bunch a sharp guys in my travels up there.

If you live in Alaska, you have a LOT going for you in car audio.

that's it I'm moving!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Tuning mids and highs by ear can be done without a dd-1 or oscope. But trying to tune a sub by ear is just asking for trouble.

I would never trust a shop that didn't have the basic equipment to properly tune a system.

You think you can hear harmonic distortion with the volume on 1? Only a tool should be used...fuck why do people think ear-o-meters are sufficient.

Yes, i can. I did not say it was recommended. When done on the safe side of things, it can be done. Read and comprehend the post before getting your panties in a bunch.

No, you can't hear distortion at 1 volume, becasue at 1 you barely hear the tone playing. Thats a straight up lie.

Avalanche

Alpine Type S comps

Alpine Type S 10''

Alpine MPR-F300

Alpine MRX-M50

Mechamn 270

XS Power d3400s

Even if these shops are somehow able to "set it by ear" repeatably and consistantly, why would they do this? Me, or anyone else who knows how to use a DD-1 or DD-1+ could set the gain structure on 10 cars by the time they do one. Clearly these shops aren't the brightest when it comes to running their businesses in the most efficient and profitable manner possible.

the shop out by me is slowly dying! for reasons just like that! that and they charge $18 a foot for jl 0g wire! i laughed right in the guys face when he told me the price! the second thinnest 0g on the market for $18 a foot! A FOOT! GFY!

if it wasn't for car starters they would go under and fast! they have 3 shops and they do 3,000 starters a year. and charge $85 a hour for labor.

$18 a foot... i still Cant believe that! $180 bucks for ten feet... wow

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Same with my shop I let them borrow my dd1 and cc1 for a couple weeks. Going back Monday to see if they liked it. They don't have a no scope either and preached the whole tune by ear thing.

Minnesota! Y U NO GET WARM!

SKIP to 8:00

I enjoy watching those videos on youtube.

Even if these shops are somehow able to "set it by ear" repeatably and consistantly, why would they do this? Me, or anyone else who knows how to use a DD-1 or DD-1+ could set the gain structure on 10 cars by the time they do one. Clearly these shops aren't the brightest when it comes to running their businesses in the most efficient and profitable manner possible.

I will say the dd-1+ is even faster than the dd-1 in setting gains and it makes sense when you do it what you're doing.

Tony came in with the win.

Does he ever not come in with the win? Not to my knowledge

Chevelle%20Team%20Cover%20without%20RE%2

^Vehicle log to come soon for this.^

Archived