Second Skin Audio

12 cubes too big?

cheebs

i know someone running a 18inch z4 with nighshade soft parts on dd m4 5000w at .5ohm ( clamped at 38++watts) in a 8ft box. it takes your breath away! literally.hard to breath! i think your fine with 2 on 5k in that box. just keep a eye on it. if you know what your doing your ok. you won't be able to play full tilt for a long time but i doubt you could deal with it.anyway. keep your voltage up and get good clean power to them. just be smart! your only putting like 600w more then rated to them. and that's in a perfect world with no box rise or voltage drop.

the size of the box will drop the power handling a Lil. but like i said if your smart and know what your doing efin do it! and post some vids!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

Subs are rated at 1750W. That's a sum of 3500. 5000-3500=1500. 1500/2= 750, not 600W. So he's sending NEAR 50% more power to each sub in a BIG box. Whatever you saw a guy do, or saw on YouTube or whatever is irrelevant.

It's not good practice to suggest to someone that they are ok to Overpower a sub in a BIG box that isn't going to keep the subs under mechanical control like it should.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i know someone running a 18inch z4 with nighshade soft parts on dd m4 5000w at .5ohm ( clamped at 38++watts) in a 8ft box. it takes your breath away! literally.hard to breath! i think your fine with 2 on 5k in that box. just keep a eye on it. if you know what your doing your ok. you won't be able to play full tilt for a long time but i doubt you could deal with it.anyway. keep your voltage up and get good clean power to them. just be smart! your only putting like 600w more then rated to them. and that's in a perfect world with no box rise or voltage drop.

the size of the box will drop the power handling a Lil. but like i said if your smart and know what your doing efin do it! and post some vids!

No point in letting the kev reach it's mechanical limits early. Like stated that's almost double the power in a box that's to big already

heres the tatalking about. he's a member here. is300 or something like that. i was in his car 2 weeks ago. after about a half hour of full tilt demo his sub did get warm. that's why i said if your smart it's possible.

sorry i was off by 150w and i just seen that it said 12 cubes. i wad referring to the 10cube box stated in one of the posts.

2500w to each sub in 5cubes each would be fine.

would i suggest any random kid to over power the sub... no. but judging by his gear I'm guessing he knows what he's doing.

also someone having almost the same sub in a way to big box on over rated power is relevant.

i Gave him a example of someone doing almost exactly what he's wanting to do.

how is that not relevant?

IMAG0166_zpsd2f4d3e2.jpg

IMAG0168_zpsb0a2ff76.jpg

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

heres the tatalking about. he's a member here. is300 or something like that. i was in his car 2 weeks ago. after about a half hour of full tilt demo his sub did get warm. that's why i said if your smart it's possible.

sorry i was off by 150w and i just seen that it said 12 cubes. i wad referring to the 10cube box stated in one of the posts.

2500w to each sub in 5cubes each would be fine.

would i suggest any random kid to over power the sub... no. but judging by his gear I'm guessing he knows what he's doing.

also someone having almost the same sub in a way to big box on over rated power is relevant.

i Gave him a example of someone doing almost exactly what he's wanting to do.

how is that not relevant?

i bet his sub doesnt last long, thats why

more then 8 months old. like i Said the first time. he cant go full tilt for hours but when he does it hurts!

is it the best possible thing for him.. maybe. does he wanna be dumb Loud on short demos? then yea do it!

does he want a system that can play four hours on full tilt? then hell no don't do it!

i was just saying it's possible... it can and is being done!.

don't know why everyone is so mad at me!

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

But do you know this guy? The OP I mean. He IS a random guy, you don't know his knowledge or experience.

It's poor above to tell anyone, "yeah, you're good bro" with the information he gave. If he takes your word, burns his shit, he's going to come back and blame YOU for telling him he was safe.

That much power, that much airspace, is risky. Poor advice to tell him he's going to be just fine running 2500W to that sub.

Edit- I'm not mad at you AJ. I hate seeing bad advice, that's all.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i never said yea your good just do it.

i said if your smart about it, be safe, don't go full tilt for to long. be smart, use clean power, keep your voltage up.

i def didn't say yea Man your fine crank away!

i assumed that some body with 2 z4s and a 5k tara amp the kid knew his stuff. still.think he does. i mean he's not exactly trying to put 2k to his xploxs! haha.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

Lol i'll just throw my experience in here after running zv4 15s in SEVERAL alignments...

OP I would bet that box is going to do quite well. If its already built, try it out! Be careful at first, and test your limits to be sure. But I would not really be worried at all. I had one of my zv4s in 5.5 cubic feet net on a dd zse (5k+) and I could turn it up fill tilt and walk away...

If yours is well built about 5 cubes and tuned 30 ish...you should be able to play just about anything and be fine. Should get loud ;)

Edit: in other words, the zv4 15 was performing WELL in the box I designed for my dc xl 18s lol

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived