diagnostic scanner obd1 and obd2

was looking around for a scanner and was wondering if anyone had any advise on what to get. Im not looking for the absolute best and most expensive one out there, just something that can read mostly everything on a car/truck. But i have to have one that reads obd1 i have a 91 buick lesabre that ill use it on. I also have a 01 tahoe and a 04 ford explorer that ill be using it on also. I know you can go all out and i have seen some of the prices on some of the snapon ones and that might me a little much for me. But it would be nice to have one read about everything and has abs/transmission that it can read. Just looking at what everyone has around on the forum and what your advise is. Thanks and hope to get some good input.

My advice is to pick up a Scangauge 2, either direct order from the maker or available at Autozone's. Its small enough to semi permanently mount and use as a fuel/travel gauge to monitor real time fuel economy, and lets you monitor just about any data the ECU can see in real time. Has come in very handy for diagnosing bad sensors in the past.

Can also read and reset CEL's.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Do you have an android phone? If you do I highly recommend getting the app, Torque, and buying a bluetooth OBDII module. This is the one I have and I freaking love it.

http://www.amazon.com/BAFX-Products-Bluetooth-diagnostics-Android/dp/B005NLQAHS

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

I have the Equus Innova 3120 which is perfect for someone just looking for everyday check engine light control and possible diagnosis. But I would definitely recommend the Equus Innova 31703. You can read most Enhanced, transmission, and SRS codes with that one and it comes in handy when the 3120 just cant do all that.

Archived