94 Ford Beast-350 OBS CCLB - Motor is done, need to sell, questions-please help

Loved my 6.0l for the 2 months we had it. Can't wait to see you doing work on it, factory dual alt capable :)

Sucks to see this big bad ass OBS going though.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

Yeah it's a switch for sure. I loved the one I had for about a year. The only thing I wish was different about this one is I wish it was a long bed. I don't think I can just swap the bed either. I think the wheel base is different. I'm going to look, but I think I already read that somewhere.

Sorry for all the flip flops back and forth guys. I know it gets old, its old for me too. But hopefully in the next couple of weeks we'll have a resolution and things can proceed.

Let's also hope I can get more that $4k for the F350 cause that's all my lift money right there.

If you were closer I'd buy the SHIT out of it. When we bought my dad's 96 F-250 we drove it back from Phoenix towing a Tandem axle 24ft car trailer. 9 mpg highway ftl :(

Can't swap the bed, frame length's are WAY different. You'll LOVE the Lariat package. I forsee you using that power sliding rear window :) or getting rear captains chairs...

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

If you were closer I'd buy the SHIT out of it. When we bought my dad's 96 F-250 we drove it back from Phoenix towing a Tandem axle 24ft car trailer. 9 mpg highway ftl :(

Can't swap the bed, frame length's are WAY different. You'll LOVE the Lariat package. I forsee you using that power sliding rear window :) or getting rear captains chairs...

How much do you think I should ask for it?

I loved my 06 Lariat CCLB. I figured the wheel bases were different. I'll just deal with the short bed I guess. If I get the itch for a long bed I'll just sell this one and get one! LOL.

Actually the rear sliding window isn't working, they don't know why. But I did use it alot when I had the other one. One of the things I missed having on this F350. Had to always ask my girls to open or close it and it was not the easiest sliding thing!

Captains chairs huh? That's not a bad idea actually! Can't go too crazy and do a box down the center like some folks around here, but I'll have to think about that. The only thing that would hinder me on that would be when we do go camping and I tow the trailer, my wife usually takes the kids in the other car and I usually take the dogs and just mozy along nice and slow while they go ahead and get to the spot. But I have like the worlds greatest riding dogs. They lay on the back bench seat, and just go to sleep. NO whining, no jumping around, nothing. So having captains chairs would really not work for that.

Plus my plans for subs would really need the bench seat. :peepwall: HOWEVER, if I ever did a blow through, I'd put captains chairs in without hesitations!

Sucks to see this die but looking forward to what you got planned for the new one.

I have a good plan, but I don't have it yet so I don't know 100% that the plans will work. I hope so though cause subs are on their way!

• 3 weeks later...

Ok guys here's a little update on what's up.

I started tearing her apart this weekend. Well really I had yesterday, and only half of it at that. BUT, I got a-lot done. It's looking like it's going to need a valve job, instead of just a head gasket. I don't have the driver side head off yet, which houses #7 cylinder which is my problem. I have 45lbs of compression there, and #6 and #8 have almost 200 lbs or compression. BUt I got most of it out yesterday, and only a little bit to go and I can get the driver side head off to look. I'll get the other one off too and have them cleaned up and inspected at the very minimum. I did pull the oil and the rad fluid to good news. There is neither in either of them. SO no oil in the rad fluid and no rad fluid in the oil. SO that's a good sign.

I have a few things going on with it now. I'l be putting a new water pump in it, I have a power steering pump I bought to replace the loud bitch that in there now which was aftermarket and has never been able to get quiet. I'll be getting that in there too. I'll be replacing all of the vacuum hoses, new belts, new gaskets, and maybe a new radiator although this one looks to be in good shape so I'll most likely flush it and clean it and put it back in. It all depends on the next issue i have to figure out.

SO my wife and I are going to in fact be buying the 06 F250 as mentioned before. I've been fighting to keep this one, simply because of all the money, time, effort, blood, and sweat that I've put into it so far. As far as I am into it, and how close I am to getting it running great, it feels like I'm loosing by giving it up. At the same time, I'm getting tired of working on it. I want it to run and run well and right so I can do the other stuff I've wanted to do to it. Well this weekend my wife and I talked for several hours about it and came to a compromise on it. I wasn't really willing to just sell it and she hates it, but knows I have my heart in it.

For now, we're going to buy the 06, and that will be our work vehicle and tow vehicle etc. We don't owe anything on the Beast-350. So we're going to make that the "hobby truck" for now. The decision is that when it's running right and fixed, is whether or not to sell it. I'm torn, and I could use your input on this.

As it sits, well after I've gotten it fixed and running well again, I'm thinking I can get at least $5k for it. We've obviously put way more than that into it, but I'm just being realistic. The interior is in decent shape, no tears in the seats, a broken A-Pillar that's been glued together, of course the door panels have a couple of holes in them, and the dash pad along the passenger side is cracked which is normal wear on these things. But it's in pretty decent shape otherwise. If I sell it, my wife has agreed I can use that money to budget on the new truck for lift, shell, wheels and tires, and whatever else I want to do to it.

OR

I could keep it, not sell it, and I can do what I planned to do to it. This will throw the current motor project into a different level. Right now I'm currently just trying to get it running right again. But, if I decide to keep it, I'm going to get all new parts. Getting the heads done and evened out, new valves, springs, rods, new cam, new timing chain and gears, etc. Bore out the intake. I might even decide to pull it and have the block decked and fix the oil pan and just go through it and make it perfect. I also could go as high as I wanted (no not going Jon Rabe high), new wheels and tires, spray the bed liner in the bed, new interior, new paint job (probably a black or dark color), and most likely put a shell on it. I also want to take the current bench seats out and replace them with captains chairs. Change the interior from blue to grey. I want to change the hood out and put one on with a scoop. I also want to change the bumpers out to custom bumpers. I could do all of that and not have to worry about being in a rush because I'll have the other truck if I need one.

I could use some real input here guys. Not "wall the bitch" or crap like that. I mean some real realistic opinions please. Do I keep this one and have it as my project, and then have the 06 as the worker, or do I sell this one, and use that money to make the 06 the worker and a project?

Thanks everyone. Sorry it was so long!

Because I know how I feel about my Civic, Crown Vic and Explorer I would have to say keep it. Each of those have their issues and have way more money than their worth into them but I love them and I don't ever plan on parting with them. When the funds are available again and I have some time I will get back on them and get em right but I think a lot of times it's hard to understand the emotional attachment to a project car that seems more like a money pit than anything else but at the end of the day everything can't be an investment sometimes you need something that you just enjoy and sink money into no matter how silly it may sound. As far as I'm concerned I wouldn't part ways with it at all. Hell I wouldn't have sold the Civic either but you have to do what you have to do. Considering you've had it for so long I would say hold on to it and get back to it when time and money is permitting.

2013 Dodge Charger

Build Log

1996 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0
Build Log

2005 Honda Civic LX Coupe

Build Log

SMD SUPER SELLER!!!!
My Selling Feedback

Dresig1_zps7acbddbb.gif

Dresig2_zpscfb11527.gif

Those are all great points. THank you.

I have all the stuff, basically, for the audio, and I will have a money source for the other stuff. So if I keep it as my project truck, the upgrades and project will start almost immediately.

BTW everyone, I've taken about 100 pics already of the motor tear down. I'll probably wait to post them up until I get to a stopping point of the project. Like when the heads are out to the machine shop or something like that. I noticed in my research that there were not many detailed pics of a step by step process in tearing down the top end of these 460's so maybe I'll be able to help someone out by taking all these pics.

Archived