dharris2488 Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Can i ash why you want sealed? is it a space thing? please don't say its for better sq because sealed boxes sound like crap... unless there freaking huge! everyone who competes and wins in the professional sound quality Comps have vented or ported boxes. don't want to sound like a jerk but its a Shame to put any of those subs In a sealed box. if its space id go with a vented 8 instead of a sealed 12. but i like to hear all my music call me crazy I haven't made it to the end of the thread yet, buy AJ11 makes a good point. Just because the sub is bigger, aka 8" or 10" over 12" sub, doesn't mean that the smaller cone diameter speakers can't get down. There are multiple, reputable companies who design 8" and 10" subs to handle 800-1200 RMS daily. With a proper port design, these subs can hit the same frequencies that the 12" sub can hit. You may even like the sound better! You should at least look into this option. Sundown Audio and SoundQubed make fantastic 8"-10" drivers that will take 1200RMS all day long... I'm sure there are other companies out there as well, but those are the two that came to my head immediately. Good luck bro... 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
dharris2488 Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Also, OP, there there are the Soundqubed HDS300 series subs. The RMS rating on those is exactly at 1200W I believe. They are very new, but also very affordable and worth a shot. They would also work in a sealed enclosure. I have 2 HDS3 12's and I love the sound of them. They handle every bit of the 1200RMS...As far as a sealed enclosure, the suspension on these subs are far to stiff for a sealed enclosure. You will have to build the sealed enclosure the the ported/vented enclosure specs for the sub to perform properly. You might as well vent the damn thing at that point and gain the extra DB's... But, if you are looking for a budget woofer that can handle the power and sound nice, SoundQubed is one way to go. You need a lot of space though... Keep that in mind 2013 Toyota Camry SE 240a MechMan HO Alternator 1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3 CT Sounds 4000.1D Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp Infinity Kappa 6.5 components Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out) (4) 8" PRV 8MB450's Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets (2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure) (2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them) Pioneer AVH-X4600BT 100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner 120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener (4) Juice Box Black Cherries Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0 2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back ToolMaker Everywhere
PortSideAudio Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Also, OP, there there are the Soundqubed HDS300 series subs. The RMS rating on those is exactly at 1200W I believe. They are very new, but also very affordable and worth a shot. They would also work in a sealed enclosure. I have 2 HDS3 12's and I love the sound of them. They handle every bit of the 1200RMS...As far as a sealed enclosure, the suspension on these subs are far to stiff for a sealed enclosure. You will have to build the sealed enclosure the the ported/vented enclosure specs for the sub to perform properly. You might as well vent the damn thing at that point and gain the extra DB's... But, if you are looking for a budget woofer that can handle the power and sound nice, SoundQubed is one way to go. You need a lot of space though... Keep that in mind Yep I'm running a HDC3 and the thing is a beast, Soundqubed makes damn good products But yeah there subs like there vented large boxes just like dharris said! 2002 Toyota Corolla Pioneer DEH-80PRS Soundqubed Q1-2200d Soundqubed HDC3.118 Soundqubed Q4-120 Alpine SPR-60 Alpine SPR-60C
Ryan Christensen Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Ill just leave this here... Ct sounds meso 12.
CleanSierra Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 I'm surprised that the HDS is as stiff as you said it was, I'll take your word for it. I thought it would be a little less stiff than the HDC3s sitting in my closet. They are unbelievably stiff. Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.
TrunkMuzik Posted May 20, 2014 Author Report Posted May 20, 2014 I have had DC audio 8s, L7 12s,, an L3 15, A Jl 12w3, 3 phoenix gold 12s, 2 JL 12w6s 2, alpine type r 12s, 2 cvx 10s, a JL 10w7, 4 RF HX2 12s and even a cheap sony explode 12 just as a temporary set up in my car. ive been through several sizes and combos. this is jut what I want to do. I know what smaller subs are capable of. I just like the sound of a sealed 12. im planning on buying a wagon next when I sell my car and I want to build a clean looking SQ system for a daily driver. and my birthsheet says my amp does 1168 watts @ 1 ohm and I plan on sticking with this amp for the sub. that is why I want something capable of 1200 daily. Without music, life would be an error
TrunkMuzik Posted May 20, 2014 Author Report Posted May 20, 2014 and thanks for the link to the descriptions. I had a $400 budget for a sub and the FI Q fits perfectly for what I want Without music, life would be an error
Aj11 Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 You think out your responses Aj, and I will give you credit for that, I like that you do that. As far as the sealed boxes you've heard not hitting below 40 Hz, THIS comes down to you've not heard enough. The lay system I had with 2 12s sealed in my truck played into the low 30s fine. A sub that's really meant to shine in a sealed enclosure(like the Fi Q and others) will hold it's own when compared to a smaller driver of equal quality(Like the DC M3 8"). It will also do it with a much flatter response than than ported box. I know flat doesn't seem to be the name of the game, but when you've got the extra cone area of the 12" sub, I think you're going to have a hard time telling(in a blindfolded test) which sub you liked hearing better. This is assuming that both are built and designed well to perform at the top of their game. I know it seems like I pick on you specifically dude. I wish you'd read up on some enclosure design, I think you'd truly enjoy it(if you had the time to read a bunch of stuff haha). I do like you, I assure you(not that you probably care or not) and I can't wait to see your build when you start with all of the CT stuff. OP, sorry for sidetrack and derail I can't wait to see what you decide and what you end up building. nothing but love here man. how could i possibly learn without having a debate with someone like you? i will do some reading, i crave knowledge. were two people who like to be right. I rarely back down but i know you know more then me. so i will look up and learn more about sealed boxes. as for my build still waiting on word on the EXO hitting the states. as far as i know bb is designing me a box as we speak. you win this time Clean.... but I'll be back! gonna go lick my wounds now jvc deck stinger 1800 front hc 2000 kinetic rear 2 runs of 1/0g big 3/4 ct 60.4 2 ct 1400.1 ct EXO 15 d1 lots of deadner type r comps front stage 6 kicker tweets rear stage lots of great stuff coming soon ho alt more bats ct comps for front stage more deadner sweet amp rack lots of L.E.D lights new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)
TrunkMuzik Posted May 20, 2014 Author Report Posted May 20, 2014 The only thing I cant find explained is the internal leads. any insight? Without music, life would be an error
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.