soundstream15 Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 So, got a new pair of hdc3 12s. These are just beefy and heavy! 50lbs each. Threw em in my box and my specs are 4.5cu feet with 6" areoport tuned to 32hz I did have SQ hds300 and they seem to be basically as loud maybe not lol but these are soooo damn stiff!!! So hopefully they get a lot louder. Hell, they should. Question is how long do they take to break in? I know I need more power bc 2k is not enough for these
sbg Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 They will be about as loud until you give them full power. I had a pair of hds 2.5 15s and they were just as loud as my hdc3 12s. But I to only have 2k in power 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
soundstream15 Posted May 18, 2014 Author Report Posted May 18, 2014 Makes sense. Just hope they loosen up soon lol I need a SQ 3500 then! Tell you what tho. They smash lows!!!
Ahmed Johnson Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 Man like 2 months honestly. I bought some back in February and they are definitely louder now than when I first bought them. Loud as shit actually. I got 2 15's in a 7 cu ft
oldsoundguy Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 Mine are still stiff but are loosing up. I only get to play maybe 1/2 hour 45 min a day so it will take some time to get them loose. I have them running off a SQ 2200. 80prs Arc Audio Xdi 1200.6 (using active crossovers) Freaking awesome amplifier Incriminator IA 10.1 Focal PS 130v 5.25 (doors) 4" Faital pro Neo (kick panels) 3" Faital pro Neo and focal tweets( dash) DC Audio level 3 12" custom box designed by joex built by me AGM front, XS 750SE batteries rear DC 180 alt 99 Toyota Tacoma extra cab http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179476-my-small-build-turned-into-the-ongoing-build/
sbg Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 Makes sense. Just hope they loosen up soon lol I need a SQ 3500 then! Tell you what tho. They smash lows!!! Ya they do! I just built a new box for mine yesterday. 5cuft tuned to 35hz and it gets nasty at 27hz! 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
sbg Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 Makes sense. Just hope they loosen up soon lol I need a SQ 3500 then! Tell you what tho. They smash lows!!! Ya they do! I just built a new box for mine yesterday. 5cuft tuned to 35hz and it gets nasty at 27hz! About to get a new Orion xtr5000. 5k RMS at 12v. My good friend has s shop and is a dealer so soon as he gets one in I will have it:) 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
RomanZ Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 Makes sense. Just hope they loosen up soon lol I need a SQ 3500 then! Tell you what tho. They smash lows!!! Ya they do! I just built a new box for mine yesterday. 5cuft tuned to 35hz and it gets nasty at 27hz! I like the box man something you dont see everyday
sbg Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 Makes sense. Just hope they loosen up soon lol I need a SQ 3500 then! Tell you what tho. They smash lows!!! Ya they do! I just built a new box for mine yesterday. 5cuft tuned to 35hz and it gets nasty at 27hz! I like the box man something you dont see everyday Thanks man, that's what I was going for 01 focus se 110 amp alt Big 3 sky high and stinger hpm ofc 1/0 Super start platinum AGM (starting) 2 runs of 1/0 Execution audio front to back Kenwood double DIN DDx271 A pillars- orion 4" super tweeter and 2-1" alpines. Orion xtx 64 in the front doors 2:1 4th order bandpass Sealed off trunk Digital designs deadener on roof/ rear deck Orion hcca 12s (black coils) Orion xtr3700.1 Orion xtr250.2 mid/highs All sky high 1/0 in trunk dual runs(power/ground) Sky high dual 1/0 inputs 2 xs power D3100 in back Sky high batt blocks Rose audio batt blocks Stinger volt meter All sky high 1\0 fuse and holders Db link remote/ rca
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.