Subwoofer one way excursion?

alright i did the battery test and it seems normal. when i put the positive on the battery to the positive on the sub it went up and when i switched it it went down, same for the other voice coil. i also turned the phase to 180 and it didn't do anything that i could tell. also switched the wiring on the sub from neg. to pos. and it still did the same thing. I did however notice that the spider was sagging down like as if you were pushing down on the cone. Maby skar assembled the voice coil too high up in the motor for it to be level and it always pulls down??

alright i did the battery test and it seems normal. when i put the positive on the battery to the positive on the sub it went up and when i switched it it went down, same for the other voice coil. i also turned the phase to 180 and it didn't do anything that i could tell. also switched the wiring on the sub from neg. to pos. and it still did the same thing. I did however notice that the spider was sagging down like as if you were pushing down on the cone. Maby skar assembled the voice coil too high up in the motor for it to be level and it always pulls down??

That could be. Post up some pics of the spider and surround at rest

Your amp could be damage internally which is causing the sub to act the way its.... pop test was good for the sub right? Try a different amp on the sub and let us know.

that is a lot of spider sag, but that wouldnt cause it to only pull in.

Are you sure you wired the coils correctly?

29408240963_9908a51930_o.png
Best Score to Date : 160.5 dB Outlaw (47Hz)[4 XM 15's & 2 Taramps Bass 12k's]

BL :  http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/147800-chevyboy95s-4-15s-7krms-wall-1533-db-on-half-power/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hitemwiththeflex/

Your amp could be damage internally which is causing the sub to act the way its.... pop test was good for the sub right? Try a different amp on the sub and let us know.

just got my amp and ordered it brand new. i highly doubt its the amp. i don't have another amp to test it on anyway. it plays full excursion when really low notes play.

that is a lot of spider sag, but that wouldnt cause it to only pull in.

Are you sure you wired the coils correctly?

I checked the wiring multiple times from the amp all the way to the coils. One thing i forgot to mention is that i got this sub from a friend who gave it to me because the spider had come unglued and one of the leads broke at the terminal. I epoxied the spider back on, it seemed that skar didn't put enough glue on it. I soldered the terminal back on and i had no shorts. my friend and I never noticed if the sub only played inward because both of our boxes were behind our seats. when i got a new box I noticed it.

Archived