Ryon Johnson Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 I have 2 4ohm tweeters per channel for my front stage and Im haiving trouble wiring in the capacitors to protect them. I though you just solder them in line with the positive. And when I wire the 2 tweeters down to 2ohms do I need one cap per tweet or only one for the pair as long as my power dose not exceed the rms of the cap? Thanks.
Kyblack76 Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 Do you undersand what ACTIVE means? SMD SUPER SELLER The Burban Build Blazer Build sold Acura trunk build sold
Ryon Johnson Posted May 18, 2014 Author Report Posted May 18, 2014 That my crossover has active components in it and I can control.
Ryon Johnson Posted May 18, 2014 Author Report Posted May 18, 2014 Are u saying I can run the tweets straight from the amp without anything to protect it?
gr8handogoatness Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 No kyle, he doesn't. If you have crossovers you don't need caps. Time for some research my friend. Try to Google active vs passive and see what you can learn.
OrionStang Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 Holy fuck. To answer the threads title, crossover points and power will protect your tweeters. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
gr8handogoatness Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 And I just want to note that I'm not trying to be a jerk, just think that doing your own research on this topic will benefit you more than us just telling you
Ryon Johnson Posted May 18, 2014 Author Report Posted May 18, 2014 Lol beacuase useing an active crossover is 0 risk right... it's all going in 4x4 chances of something coiming loose are higher.
EP95 Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 Active means running them straight off the amp with the amps built in crossovers. Sounds like your trying to make your own passive set-up.
Jessica Posted May 18, 2014 Report Posted May 18, 2014 i will try to help here, my headunit does all the heavy lifting for me for my crossovers. I control phase, slope and frequency with it. Now, i am overpowering my tweeters but i cut the output back on the h/u to help with that. Of course, if you have no way to set gains correctly, no matter what you do you could cook your tweeters. They have tiny little coils that are fragile and sensitive like some girls. I guess you want a resistor as a backup but keep in mind that if you use an active crossover and a passive you will change the phase of the driver and could have some issues with the tweeter not blending well with the mid, or you could end up with a brick wall at your crossover point. I hope that helps, i am pretty bad at typing out the thoughts in my head and sometimes it reads like gobeldygook. Rest in peace, walled 87 accord build log 03' Corolla build with AA Mayhem inside. My super random youtube channel and terrible camera work. Wiring comparison by CaptainzPlanetz Wire and fuse guide by Guest SyKo13
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.