Cj Kumz Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Do a box with subs up and port/ports firing inside. The reason I'm saying this is because you want your subs far from your ports. Then here the issue is the 12x26 which can't accommodate both the subs and port. I don't have my pc with me right now to do calculations but you could do 34 width, 14 height and about 35 depth. So you will push it right to the opening and have the port(s) firing inside the cabin.. Or if you really want the sub and port on the same side you could seal it a few inches from the opening but still your ports should be in the middle and subs might not show fully. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
OrionStang Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Fuck no, don't do subs up. SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
Cj Kumz Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 Fuck no, don't do subs up. Come to think about it, that's actually a good point. Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
tayodell41 Posted May 20, 2014 Author Report Posted May 20, 2014 I'm looking to do something like this. The box is behind the divider wall but sealed off by that lip. The hole in my car is smaller, so I was thinking the box back a little farther, port in the middle, and the a lip will be attached to the back of that wall with some sort of lip/baffle. The subs might be partly covered but the port will fire directly in the car.
timc31610 Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 I see what you are saying but you need to do some math first. Figure out the total surface area of both subs plus port and make sure that your area in the opening is larger than that area. If it is not then that could affect performance and possibly tuning by making the box with the lip around it more like a 6th order box than a standard ported. I hope this makes at least a little sense...lol My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Cj Kumz Posted May 20, 2014 Report Posted May 20, 2014 I'm looking to do something like this. The box is behind the divider wall but sealed off by that lip. The hole in my car is smaller, so I was thinking the box back a little farther, port in the middle, and the a lip will be attached to the back of that wall with some sort of lip/baffle. The subs might be partly covered but the port will fire directly in the car. Yah that is what I said. But is it possible to cut that opening to make it wider?? It could really look and sound better with the port and subs firing direct?? Vw Polo Pioneer Deh-6050UB Sundown Saz-3500d DD Audio 9500 15'' 5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz I live to hear the Bass drop!!!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.