Second Skin Audio

Rockford Fosgate subwoofer

ebrahim

I am looking to spend under $200 for a subwoofer for techno music. In Orlando we do not have any Sundown Audio dealers and the nearest one is in Lakeland, FL which is like a 45 minute drive each way. Plus if you look it at it this way it is like $40 for fuel for around trip plus the cost of the subwoofer. As far as Soundqued subwoofer they do not have any dealers in Florida period. I heard that SoundQubed and Digital Designs subwoofers are from the same warehouse or built by the same people. I got this from DIY Mobile Audio forum that someone posted a while back.

I just do not like the build quality of the SoundQubed subwoofers as well as Digital Designs subwoofers. Also I did speak to someone important [not mentioning his name on the forum] but he told me that Sundown Audio subwoofers are not the ones that would make me happy because they are more of a SPL subwoofer than a SQ subwoofer.

Plus the Rockford Fosgate dealer over here is cool with me plus the rep for them over here is cool with me and I am cool with him. In all honesty I have been and still will be a fan of Rockford Fosgate. I just do not want to jump on the JL Audio bandwagon because I heard them in my car from the JX to the W3 and when we are talking output between the JL Audio subs they did not make me happy at all. Also I feel that JL Audio subwoofer are over priced and that the W6 and up are the only ones would make me happy but not my wallet though.

I like the RF because their Punch P1 subwoofers would make my wallet happy when we are talking about price vs output deal on here. Just for the record the Digital Designs dealers over here are not interested in their customers because I made a ton of visits and calls and since they are not interested in my business I decided not to get a subwoofer from them. The Rockford Fosgate dealers over here are interested in me and therefore are willing to sell me a subwoofer from Rockford Fosgate.

In general how good are the 2014 Rockford Fosgate subwoofers these days? I am looking for a single 12 that can handle 240 watts and I came across the Punch series subwoofers.

Thank you.

They are excellent as far as durability and sound. RF subs may cost more than some brands, but they are good subs. The only subs RF don't make are the huge bigdog subs, they used to. You may want to look at Soundqued and Sundown they make awesome cheap subs that preform.

You don't like the build quality of SQ and DD? LMFOA RF sub we treat you right, but you really show lack of knowledge with the SQ DD bash.

I lmao at that as well, poorfish :D

OP, you can get a DC lvl2 for $200 shipped. Or is DC not up to your standards?

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

I have one P3 12 in a custom build ported box powered by a alpine 500watt rms amp and like it. If i recall i spent about 130 range for the sub and 130 range for the amp and then about 50 on material for the box i built myself. i listen to just about all kinds of music and so far have enjoyed the sub. I will say that at first i had it in a prefab ported box and then a 1cuft sealed box and was not happy with the output of the sub. Building a box to spec and now my rear view mirror is useless and i find myself turning down the sub at times. Obviously its not going to shake the house as you drive by but enough for me to bring out the bass in my music.

Well on that low of rms im sure you could even go to walmart and pick up a sony xplod or pioneer... cant believe i said that but for real. hes not looking to shake shit down but probably just some nice bass with his techno. Build a nice sealed or even ported box for a single 12 and i think ud be happy.

2004 Grand Marquis
AA Mayhem 18
Crescendo 3500d
6.5's AQ Pro Audio
AQ Super Tweets
Image Dynamics 6x9
Soundqubed 125.4
MB Quart 80.4
144.2 db

GONZO

2013 Chrysler 300S

Granite Crystal Metallic Exterior

Inferno Red Interior

5.7 HEMI AWD

LMI Air Hammer Intake

Corsa exhaust

Custom Tune

When I mentioned DD and SQ I have a friend that deals with DD and therefore did not like it at all nothing personal. I had the DD1510 supercharged in a two cubic ft ported and therefore will tell you that on my old TREO Engineering RSX1600 it was more of just me listening to the sub than my mids and highs. In other words I could not hear my mids and highs.

The amp that I am going to use for my sub is an Arc Audio 2080XXD and therefore when bridged it does 240 x 1 @ 4 ohm. Like the one previous person posted and which I agree with him I am just looking for a subwoofer for my techno music and nothing to wake up the entire neighborhood or city block at all. I just want something to sound good.

The P1 12 and the P2 12 are in my price range but according to RF tech support the P1 12 would work better than a P2 12 with the power that I am running. Plus we are talking about a $50 difference between the two subwoofers here.

For that problem you could have turned the gain down on the amp. I'm not sure how the DD setup being too loud has to do with build quality. Sundown E is an entry level sub anyone saying it's a SPL oriented sub is a joke. Man your friend is playing tricks on you. I'm still LMFOA about the DD and SQ having poor build quality.

For that problem you could have turned the gain down on the amp. I'm not sure how the DD setup being too loud has to do with build quality. Sundown E is an entry level sub anyone saying it's a SPL oriented sub is a joke. Man your friend is playing tricks on you. I'm still LMFOA about the DD and SQ having poor build quality.

On the DD 6.5 subwoofer you will notice they use cheap glue if you actually look at from the one side as well as their other subs. Man you really have to look at their build quality. I am not going to be going back and forth with you on the build quality of the DD and SQ. If you like them good for you but for the record not everyone is going to like what you like.

Archived