Second Skin Audio

Rockford Fosgate subwoofer

ebrahim

In general how good are the 2014 Rockford Fosgate subwoofers these days? I am looking for a single 12 that can handle 240 watts and I came across the Punch series subwoofers.

Thank you.

They are excellent as far as durability and sound. RF subs may cost more than some brands, but they are good subs. The only subs RF don't make are the huge bigdog subs, they used to. You may want to look at Soundqued and Sundown they make awesome cheap subs that preform.

I am looking to spend under $200 for a subwoofer for techno music. In Orlando we do not have any Sundown Audio dealers and the nearest one is in Lakeland, FL which is like a 45 minute drive each way. Plus if you look it at it this way it is like $40 for fuel for around trip plus the cost of the subwoofer. As far as Soundqued subwoofer they do not have any dealers in Florida period. I heard that SoundQubed and Digital Designs subwoofers are from the same warehouse or built by the same people. I got this from DIY Mobile Audio forum that someone posted a while back.

I just do not like the build quality of the SoundQubed subwoofers as well as Digital Designs subwoofers. Also I did speak to someone important [not mentioning his name on the forum] but he told me that Sundown Audio subwoofers are not the ones that would make me happy because they are more of a SPL subwoofer than a SQ subwoofer.

Plus the Rockford Fosgate dealer over here is cool with me plus the rep for them over here is cool with me and I am cool with him. In all honesty I have been and still will be a fan of Rockford Fosgate. I just do not want to jump on the JL Audio bandwagon because I heard them in my car from the JX to the W3 and when we are talking output between the JL Audio subs they did not make me happy at all. Also I feel that JL Audio subwoofer are over priced and that the W6 and up are the only ones would make me happy but not my wallet though.

I like the RF because their Punch P1 subwoofers would make my wallet happy when we are talking about price vs output deal on here. Just for the record the Digital Designs dealers over here are not interested in their customers because I made a ton of visits and calls and since they are not interested in my business I decided not to get a subwoofer from them. The Rockford Fosgate dealers over here are interested in me and therefore are willing to sell me a subwoofer from Rockford Fosgate.

In general how good are the 2014 Rockford Fosgate subwoofers these days? I am looking for a single 12 that can handle 240 watts and I came across the Punch series subwoofers.

Thank you.

They are excellent as far as durability and sound. RF subs may cost more than some brands, but they are good subs. The only subs RF don't make are the huge bigdog subs, they used to. You may want to look at Soundqued and Sundown they make awesome cheap subs that preform.

well, i'm sure you will be happy with the RF subs, but you can grab most any brand nowadays online. No need to drive anywhere.

True but in reality if you look at it this way how would I know what a subwoofer sound like if I am at home on my laptop? Lets be honest the youtube video of people showing off their subwoofers wont help me at all.

I would definetly reccomend a rockford p2 in a sealed or low tuned ported. Yes there are other subs within the same price range that is alot louder,but honestly for the money,the p2 sounds clean. I dont run rockford,we are just an authorized dealer so i know how they all sound and im able to compare to sundown soumdqubed ect,but i will not get into that as it is against the forum rules.

I am looking to spend under $200 for a subwoofer for techno music. In Orlando we do not have any Sundown Audio dealers and the nearest one is in Lakeland, FL which is like a 45 minute drive each way. Plus if you look it at it this way it is like $40 for fuel for around trip plus the cost of the subwoofer. As far as Soundqued subwoofer they do not have any dealers in Florida period. I heard that SoundQubed and Digital Designs subwoofers are from the same warehouse or built by the same people. I got this from DIY Mobile Audio forum that someone posted a while back.

I just do not like the build quality of the SoundQubed subwoofers as well as Digital Designs subwoofers. Also I did speak to someone important [not mentioning his name on the forum] but he told me that Sundown Audio subwoofers are not the ones that would make me happy because they are more of a SPL subwoofer than a SQ subwoofer.

Plus the Rockford Fosgate dealer over here is cool with me plus the rep for them over here is cool with me and I am cool with him. In all honesty I have been and still will be a fan of Rockford Fosgate. I just do not want to jump on the JL Audio bandwagon because I heard them in my car from the JX to the W3 and when we are talking output between the JL Audio subs they did not make me happy at all. Also I feel that JL Audio subwoofer are over priced and that the W6 and up are the only ones would make me happy but not my wallet though.

I like the RF because their Punch P1 subwoofers would make my wallet happy when we are talking about price vs output deal on here. Just for the record the Digital Designs dealers over here are not interested in their customers because I made a ton of visits and calls and since they are not interested in my business I decided not to get a subwoofer from them. The Rockford Fosgate dealers over here are interested in me and therefore are willing to sell me a subwoofer from Rockford Fosgate.

Thank you.

You don't like the build quality of SQ and DD? LMFOA RF sub we treat you right, but you really show lack of knowledge with the SQ DD bash.

well, i'm sure you will be happy with the RF subs, but you can grab most any brand nowadays online. No need to drive anywhere.

True but in reality if you look at it this way how would I know what a subwoofer sound like if I am at home on my laptop? Lets be honest the youtube video of people showing off their subwoofers wont help me at all.

I think you'll be happy with any woofer in that power range. The RF will be good to you and it sounds like you've already made up your mind anyways. But, just FYI, listening to a sub in the listening room of a shop isn't really going to give you a good idea of how it will sound in your car either.

Team NorthWestSPL

Archived