Second Skin Audio

Amount Of Mdf?

no, i could fit more than that behind the 3rd row, but i just want 2 15"s yea lvl 3's for the 150 and lvl 4's for the X... i just wanna get loud and not break the bank, i think 2 15" lvl 4's off a pa5500 should do that for me....also bill, how much room would that give me from the port to the rear doors

i wanna do subs up, under the seat line, or right at it, and port back..towards back doors

Well with the subs up port back with the dims I gave you, you will have 6" of clearance to the back doors 8" if the 3rd row is folded down..

If you do the subs and ports back, then you can stack stuff on top of the box for trips ;) Thats what I would suggest, besides it's a tad louder with the subs to the rear VS the top.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Well with the subs up port back with the dims I gave you, you will have 6" of clearance to the back doors 8" if the 3rd row is folded down..

If you do the subs and ports back, then you can stack stuff on top of the box for trips ;) Thats what I would suggest, besides it's a tad louder with the subs to the rear VS the top.

well what would make it louder for me? and also if i went with that, would my subs be firing towards the rear doors? and what about having my port like on the side of the box? does that make any difference?

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

well what would make it louder for me? and also if i went with that, would my subs be firing towards the rear doors? and what about having my port like on the side of the box? does that make any difference?

It all makes a difference. I did well over 20 designs for 2 15's behind the 3rd row. I can tell ya that most were about a DB or 2 from each other, However, in my notes, the subs back port back worked the best. The small curve on the back doors makes having the port down the middle work the best.

I also have that sub/box combo sitting around here for ya if you want it ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

It all makes a difference. I did well over 20 designs for 2 15's behind the 3rd row. I can tell ya that most were about a DB or 2 from each other, However, in my notes, the subs back port back worked the best. The small curve on the back doors makes having the port down the middle work the best.

I also have that sub/box combo sitting around here for ya if you want it ;)

yea i would, but i ordered lvl 4's already...:D

ill take plans for that box tho, hehe

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon: