Sonic Electronix

I currently have a lethal injection in my 99grand prix and its awesome. I put a sa8 v2 in my 94 grand prix but it isn't what I want. I want the lows. but I also want to save trunk space (for now) so naturally id go wit the 10 but im afraid it might not be as good as my lethal. iv never had experience with 10s either. what do you guys think? x10 or 12. and im going to sell the 8 too

Lets not make this a vs thread now. It's simple; get the 10 to save trunk space and sacrifice a little cone area, or get the 12 and sacrifice trunk space but gain some cone area. This is all what your comfortable with. Make your decision based on your needs/goals.

Vehicle: 2014 GMC Sierra 2500HD WT

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-

Mids/Highs: Focal Integration ISC 165’s (front) 

Subs/Amps: TBD

I had a T1D212 in a high tuned box( my first build and screwed up port length tuning) and it sounded ok but didnt have and lows. I have a very small trunk so box size was my limiting factor. So i researched, asked around and i ended up with 2 HDS310s. Joe X designed me a box tuned @ 36 hz, built and installed it powering them off a T1500 and all i can say is WOW! the difference in lows and sound from a proper box is amazing!

So if you want single sub, find the brand you want, build a great box and power it properly and you'll be happy.

Personally i wasnt a small sub guy and thought a single larger one would be better but since i fucked up the box and didnt have a great sub, 2 smaller ones hit hard look sexy and sound great.

Good luck man!

12 for sure

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

Archived