Big 3 and electrical for stock dual batt and alt?

Hello everyone heres the rundown...

I have a 2013 GMC sierra with a the Duramax diesel.. The configuration that it came in has two batteries and altenators that cam STOCK. Altenators are 150 amps.

I am trying to figure out do I need to do the big 3 twice? Only once to the battery im connecting to?

I am also installing an extra battery in my cab for my system. What type of wiring configuration would be reccomended? Just connect the rear battery to front battery? Connect it in series or parallel to both batteries?

Thanks

I would do runs to each battery from the alts then a run from battery to battery then all your grounds for each battery just like you would do for the big three but twice because you have double everything under the hood. You would be connecting them In parallel. The amount of power you plan on running will determine the amount of runs you will need to do.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I would do runs to each battery from the alts then a run from battery to battery then all your grounds for each battery just like you would do for the big three but twice because you have double everything under the hood. You would be connecting them In parallel. The amount of power you plan on running will determine the amount of runs you will need to do.

Llooks like ill be needing a little extra wire.. Maybe morea than a little!

So with that said.. I understand know about the big 3 for my vehicle. But when you say to run the batteries parallel your talking about my battery that would be in my cab? (Just want to make sure)..

As far as runs go.. I have yet to decide on an amplifier either a SAZ-2500 or 3500 and havent even bought the batt yet so I know whats my limitations on the supply of my power to my amplifiers

So for the runs all considering my decisions would that depend on the size of the amp or rear batt?

Is there a rule of thumb regarding runs? Could I even use bigger wire to reduce the amount of runs?

So for the runs all considering my decisions would that depend on the size of the amp or rear batt?

Is there a rule of thumb regarding runs? Could I even use bigger wire to reduce the amount of runs?

It would be based of your current demands so the size of your amps. Yes you could use larger wire to cut down on runs. What amps are you planning to run?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

It would be based of your current demands so the size of your amps. Yes you could use larger wire to cut down on runs. What amps are you planning to run?

Probably a Sundown Saz-2500v.2 or Sundown Saz-3500v.2. along with a Rockford 400.4 (for now..) with possibility of one more 4 or 2 channel in the rear stage.

The runs would go from my extra batt INSIDE the cab of my vehicle correct?

Just don't mix battery types (ie AGM, Flooded) Keep the battery types the same.

So does this mean the extra battery inside my truck that im installing to run my amps. Should match the ones that currently run my truck? ( because those im guessing are not AGM just regular batteries).

This applies to every battery in the circuit. All batteries that are connected to each other in any way need to be the same type.

Oh, and pics! Sounds like a nice truck. Good luck on the install.

Archived