Christopher Montoya Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 Im looking for a sub/box combo that is compact/lightweight but can handle 1500rms. I have a RF1500.1bdcp and love this amp. My current sub/box combo is too heavy and is killing my MPG. I currently have two tens in a ported box all together weighing around 100lb. I would like to cut that down as much as possible.
Triticum Agricolam Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 Assuming you can drop 50 lbs off your setup, which will be tough, you are never going to see a difference in your gas mileage. What do you drive? Have you tried using less skinny pedal? "Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it.""Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."Builds:
mrd6 Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 100lbs is already pretty light...you could drop some weight by using birch ply instead of MDF if you aren't doing so already. Neo motors will be lighter as well but honestly I doubt any mpg loss you are seeing has anything to do with your system... My Build Log: http://www.stevemead...-sundown-power/ Team NorthWestSPL
bcbrassard Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 I agree, your MPG loss with 100 lbs in equipment doesnt sound right. I have 300+ in a lancer and i have dropped that much. Time for a tune up maybe? Good luck.
slowfkncar Posted May 26, 2014 Report Posted May 26, 2014 Anything with neo motors,titanium baskets,birch enclosures. I have lost 2mpg city but its not really because of the 300lbs of sounds.its more like the alternator taxing the shit out of the crankshaft.
Christopher Montoya Posted May 26, 2014 Author Report Posted May 26, 2014 Im guessing on the weight. Its a Honda Fit, before the install I was getting about 29-30 avg. After, I avg about 25. Never easy on the pedal. I have tried being easy on the pedal and only gain 1-2mpg. Also my rear struts are ready to be replaced and only 30k on the car. Since the install the rear end always sagged. It could be more than 100lb. Also could use extra space, and something easy to remove for camping/beach trips. Just dont really see much out there that can take that amp and be lightweight and use a small box.
Christopher Montoya Posted May 26, 2014 Author Report Posted May 26, 2014 Iv had the current subs for almost two years in the car and I want the space back but want to keep that amp installed.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.