Big 3 Right?

Ok it has been raining here and I don't have a garage available for me to pull my truck in so I took it to an audio shop. Well anyways they installed my Knu 1/0 wire to my amp and did the Big three for 63 bucks which I thought was a good deal. My question is they ran my battery to my alt with no fuse is this ok? Also they went from Bat Neg to the chassis and Bat Neg to the alt mounting post is this right? I thought it was Bat neg to Chassis and Chassis to engine block. I don't know but just curious so I ask you guys.

Rebuild coming soon

Sounds like it should work as intended. Yeah i've heard both ways on fused alt to bat so I wanted input. Price was just labor no parts ( i bought all gear from knukoncepts) but I figure an amp install at most places is 65 bucks. So they did power run, ground, and the big three for $63.00 i thought I got a good deal.

Rebuild coming soon

if you have a stock alt...you wont need a fuse in the power wire. the stock one should still work. if you were to upgrade to a H/O alt, you'd wanna get a fuse rated at the same amperage as the alt is and install it then

i don't have a fuse on my alt to battery + wire 1/0 but i left my stock wire in tact.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

Archived