Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 I'm quite disappointed in this set up so far my walmart pioneer in the t-line with 150 200w hit harder
GSanders17 Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 Not sure why the manual says its 1 ohm stable but its not. I can't remember the last time alpine put out an amp that is 1 ohm stable.
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 Just rechecked the owners manual it's in there alright 800w rms at 1ohm, I'm putting it back to 4 ohms anywho as it didn't solve my problem. More power didn't work go figure haha. So I'm just gonna have to back off the gain, no one has the fancy equipment here to set em properly. I used the dmm vac chart I found on here with no luck . We'll in gonna give it another go thank for the help
mothra Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 http://www.alpine-usa.com/product/view/mrx-m110/ different? if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 That's the one, go to specifications and go to the owners manual it's in there
mothra Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 considering that it loses 300 watts going from 2Ω to 1Ω, you're clipping those subs to death. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 Yeah I just wanted to try an see if maybe I was under powering them, I just can't seem to get any output from them, must be the box I'm gonna try and make something up or blow em up
GSanders17 Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 I wasn't doubting the manual said that, the crutchfield website says the same thing but that amp is not 1 ohm stable.
timc31610 Posted May 29, 2014 Report Posted May 29, 2014 I blame the box, playing under tuning, wrong coil config and gains set wrong. I think that covers all the bases... start with a custom box. My Build Log 94 Civic http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/188644-94-civic-4-door-build-loq-suggestions-wanted-will-be-super-slow-mo/ Faceebook reluctantly
Pork chop Posted May 29, 2014 Author Report Posted May 29, 2014 Thanks for the tip on the amp I haven't run it at 1ohm for long at all just to "set" the gains, I wish there was an easy way to do it without the test equipment guess I'll have to search eBay for some gear it live in a remote part of canada so things like that at hard to come by
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.