Second Skin Audio

What if an enclosure is too big for the subs?

Ektro

So you would buy other subs for a bad box before building a proper box for subs you already bought? Sounds like bad communication. Box looks good just not what was needed. Either you didn't express what you were paying him for or he's just an idiot

SMDSIG3.png

The design was free.

The builder cost me $20 because I had everything precut.

We made 3 trips to home depot trying to get the cuts to work out and I still got that box.

Ugh.

I guess I will just scrap the damn box and spend another $60 on wood.

and still no dimensions. I'm might use the Op's 2 dimensions, and use sketchup to try to guess what the third dimension is and then i can get port lenght and then run those number in torres.

Of course i am drinking so i guarantee no accuracy or if i even do this to completeion. :P

If depth looks like hight, which is 23" id say your 5" port is near 11 inches. In 10 cube gross your probably tuned near the high 30's low 40's after displacement. However,what i just said doesnt mean jack shit if you dont own a tape measure. Btw we measure the outside dimentions,so the box doesnt need to come out. Since your port has no bends,you can even measure port length easily by just sticking it in the port. We will beable to tell you EXACTLY whats going on if you could measure it for us. Btw the box looks good and decently constructed.

I might just scrap the box at this point and get something more accurate.

I was suppose to pick it up from the builder tomorrow.

I can't even find the original measurements I had.

You could make a call to your builder, have him measure the box and see where you're at as far as volume and tuning.

At this point, it's not worth giving a design flaw. I won't build a box that I didn't check first or design myself. You're better off torching the box rather than modifying it. Couple more pieces of wood sucks, but it will suck less than trying to modify a design that isn't going to work or sound right. Or, a design that can potentially hurt your equipment.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i used those sqares on the baffle and the cutout size for an 15" xl as a guess for depth. so 24"

after sub displacement 8.63 cuft @ 38hz and about 93sqinch of port

Just a guess though

edit: i guessed the port is about half the depth of the box, might be longer dont know.

guesssketchup_zps3202ce25.png

guesstorres_zps52bbd481.png

That sounds about right. Now we just need a DC expert in here to know if that's too much space or not. I know a lot of DCs kind of like smaller boxes. So if a sub that normally likes 2.5-3 cubes will safely work in 4.25, it may not be an issue at all.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

also, if the port is actually 21" tall then this is what i get

edit; this is assumming the subs are on the 24" side of thise 42X24" which makes more sence, the port looks a bit skinny to be 18x5 in that picture he posted.

guess2_zps3a951b81.png

Kind of on this topic. How is it that the "truck go bang" that I see on YouTube has a 40 cube box on 2 hdc4 18s? Is that not about 3x what they call for?

Several systems, several vehicles. Always changing!

DCSig_zpsgm88292n.jpg

2013 MECA State Champion (trunk 1)

2014 MECA State Champion (mod 4)

2014 MECA state Champion (Park and Pound 4)

2014 DBDRAG 6th place North America Finals (SS1-2)

2014 BASS RACE 6th place North America Finals (139.9)

Archived