wire size for sounqubed hds15?

Was wondering what the best size for my amp and subwoofer would be. I was thinking 4 but want opinions from people with actual experience.

I will be hooking up a soundqubed hds300 15inch with their 1200 amp.

Focus hatchback so wont be traveling a long distance. Stock alt and battery if that matters..

Thanks for any help.

I would also like to buy a kit with everything needed rather than make my own. If you could suggest some good ones that would really help.

You could use 8 gauge for the speaker wire and 0 gauge for your power cables (thats if it will fit) or use the biggest cable that can fit your amp power terminal. Make sure you do the big 3 also, especially that you using stock electrical cause you want as much current flow as possible.

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

You could use 8 gauge for the speaker wire and 0 gauge for your power cables (thats if it will fit) or use the biggest cable that can fit your amp power terminal. Make sure you do the big 3 also, especially that you using stock electrical cause you want as much current flow as possible.

I'd run the 0 gauge back to the amp or amps then a dist block to 4ga. Or you could run 0 ga all the way to the back and go the dropinhertzcaraudio and buy 0/1 to 4ga reducers.

Would the NVX XKIT02 work with my AQ-1200 amp?

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/cat_m725_i142_nvx-0-2-gauge-amp-kits.html

I notice the description says 2 channel.. Not sure what that means. Sorry for all the noob questions. Believe it or not though Ive actually learned some stuff the past week lol.

I notice the description says 2 channel.. Not sure what that means. Sorry for all the noob questions. Believe it or not though Ive actually learned some stuff the past week lol.

Yes that will do though the 2 channel part means its an amp kit for a 2 speaker setup. But it never hurts to have a little extra cable for future upgrades :)

Vw Polo

Pioneer Deh-6050UB

Sundown Saz-3500d

DD Audio 9500 15''

5.5 cubic feet box with 10 inch port @ 38hz

I live to hear the Bass drop!!!

Or you could use 12guage so it fit's the terminal easily and your not just wasting useless money.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Or you could use 12guage so it fit's the terminal easily and your not just wasting useless money.

Yeah I just watched a youtube video where a guy switched from 10-12 gauge because of this. All the amp kits seem to come with 12 so Ill probably stick with that.

If you're going to order one of the nvx kits I would get the NVX XAPK1D seeing as it comes with the distribution blocks and the 4ga as well that you will need for the amp anyways. Plus it would allow you to easily add a 4 channel amp in the future.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

If you're going to order one of the nvx kits I would get the NVX XAPK1D seeing as it comes with the distribution blocks and the 4ga as well that you will need for the amp anyways. Plus it would allow you to easily add a 4 channel amp in the future.

Im not going to be adding anything in the near future. 1 15 is plenty for me. Your comment kind of confused me. Do I need distribution blocks If I am just running one amp and sub?

Archived