Starting to get pissed... PLEASE HELP!

The thing is, I cant even see my alternator from looking in the hood. it is buried in my engine. had to take of front passenger wheel, and tie rod to get to the alternator. i dont know if i could change the belt without doing all of that.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

here is a picture of where the alt is grounded. i read that grounding to body, and grounding to chassis is different. i dont really know where it is that he put it. and he put some stuff on it to prevent corroding

IMG_16461.jpg

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Is this cars voltage by chance controlled by the ECU.

Clip city bitch, clip clip city bitch. 10's, 12's, 15's, goin up in flames bitch.

TaylorFade, on 02 Jul 2013 - 9:38 PM, said:

Go back to that place, ask to speak to that dude again, look him dead in the eye and then.... pop him in the snot box.

Tell him T-Fade sent you.

Is this cars voltage by chance controlled by the ECU.

Did you check this?

Thanks alaskanzx5 I might just do that
I can recone a sub myself. About a year ago I took 2 12" power acoustic mofos and made one sub. I took the magnet and the motor off of one and j b welded it to the other motor and magnet. I had to wind my own voice coil so it would work. After I was done hooked up to 2 boss 5000w amps. And shattered my back and all my side windows

came to this thread to recommend soundqubed and ct sounds. OP goes with soundstream.

oh lawd.

it was done with 0ga db link wire. I know i may get shit for the wire brand, but it isnt just casing, it is pretty thick wire. and if it is an ecu issue, where do i go from there?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

kyle posted a thread of ecu controlled alternators. you should check that thread and see if your car is on that list. there are ways to get around it but will throw the charge light

i cant seem to find that topic. ive heard a bunch of examples of what it could be. what do you think is the best bet to try first? new smaller belt? I really dont have the money to be trying a bunch of stuff on a whim. i know that this is not a cheap hobby, but with $200 in shop fees, $370 for alternator just in the last few days, i dont have a lot of wiggle room. should i try a new belt first?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Archived