Starting to get pissed... PLEASE HELP!

Ok, so to start off, i have a Rockford Fosgate p1000-1BD powering one FI SSD 15". I have this in a 2006 Ford Fivehundred. My alternator started going out, so i purchased a Mechman 240A alternator. Just got it hooked up today by a mechanic, and my voltage is not holding at a good voltage. when idling, it will rest at like 13.0v, and when i rev the engine, it will go up to 14.2-14.4. This all seems good, until i start to turn up my sub. Once i have it at around 2/3 turned up, my voltage drops like crazy. it will still drop down to the 12's and sometimes even into the high 11's when it is at full tilt.

I am starting to get irritated because i thought that upgrading my alt would help hold my voltage. Yes i have the big 3 done, and i have 0ga going from alt positive, to battery positive. and alt negative to frame.

At high volume, my amp will go into protect mode for a couple seconds until i turn down the volume, then it will come back on. I figured this was due to low voltage. So, this is another reason i upgraded my alt. now, nothing has changed, and it kinda seems like it goes into protect sooner than when i had a stock alt in.

Does anyone have any advise as to what could be causing the problem? Could the amp be bad? Even if not, Why is my voltage dropping so much with a 240A alt? I only have a 1000 watt amp hooked up.

And yes all ground points are sanded to bare metal, and have a tight connection with a nut and bolt.

Sorry about the long post, i am just really frustrated. i dont think 1000 watts should cause this much of a problem, especially with a HO alternator. Thank you for any input. I just want to bump with good voltage, and without going into protect

here is a video of my voltage meter if you would like to see

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Major belt slip then, get a goodyear gatorback or a gates racing belt and make sure you have them nice and tight.

and you beat me too it +1 for you

skar sk2500.1
0 gauge power and ground kunukonceptz
alpine HU
vxi65 components on BA gt-275
new build log -> http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/150642-project-d-kon-deathcards-build-log/#entry2148821
2 x-15 sundowns

singer alt, odyssey bat, and maxwell ultra caps

Ok. When at the shop this morning, they said that the belt was tight enough. still used the belt that was on the stock alt. They said that there was still room on the tensioner pulley so that it would be tight enough. Do you still think thats the problem?

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

ok. i really dont have the money to buy a belt, go back to the shop, pay to get it put in, and figure out that that isnt the problem. but if you guys think that that is the problem, then i guess ill have to do it.

i paid them to put in my mechman a couple weeks ago, to find out that mechman sent me the wrong one, then pay again today to put in the new one. all these fees are starting to get real pricey. But if that is the problem guess ill have to suck it up. lol

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

Nothing wrong with doing things yourself, it is a way of knowing it got done YOUR way and not someone else's way.

The goodyear gatorback belt for your car is $25 and wouldn't take a lot of time to change by yourself.

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Archived