Sonic Electronix

Whats Is This Hurting?(yalls Gonna Be Happy Now!)

this reminds me of when i first started in car audio...i was 16. i had a autotek mean machine 60 i think.....well i had 2 gauge power wire but for my ground i had 16 gauge speaker wire twisted together :lol: needless to say i was bumpin goin down the road and all of a sudden smoke poured from my trunk. i thought shit i just fried my amp but my music was still playing so i stopped and the ground had completely melted. lesson learned B)

i was thinking leave the 12 sitting in the box in the hole and duck tape from the bottom of the sub to the bottom of the baffle so the sub doesnt free air. would that work?

alright well im about to buy sum

22.5 feet of power

and 2.5 of ground

all 4gauge

for 25 shipped

~REFS~

-CA.com-Gianotti(2 18" FI BTL D1) Slowd N Throwd(Wiring),Ebrunn(PC monitor),Rab(HK4000D)

-SMD.com-Nismofreak(Radar),BigP(Phone Headset),anonymous(Xbox360 Headset)

a friend at school heard my car and shit his pants

and what do you have in your car that makes people shit pants?

MMM BASS OATS..ITS WHAT I HAVE FOR BREAKFAST

2 AudioQue HDC3 18'' subs

Rockford Fosgate T1 6.5 mids

MMATS 2000.05

XS Power D1200

Knukonceptz 1/0

Pioneer Premier DEH-P490iB

" Shit I can roll a blunt better than those bitches in Havana!"- Uncle Elroy

You can't feel 12 volts... but GET BIGGER WIRE NOW!

Uhhhhh, What???? yeah you can feel 12 Volts. Ever stick your tounge on a 9V you can feel that cant you? why cant you feel 12?? But N E way get bigger wire. Have you ever tried to suck a milkshake thru a swizzle stick?? give that a try for an hour than you will know what your amp feels like....

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

haha i figured. iv been looking to buy like a 20ft run of 4gauge on here. all the stores around here want close to 100

haha yea if you try to buy wire locally its outrageous from shops.. i buy all my wire from ebay or millionbuy.com and i just bout my first roll of wire from knukoncepts.com ( was well pleased with their wire!! plan on buyin all my power wires from them now on) but buyin it from places like that you save ALOT of $$$! the build on my 06 wrangler for SBN, i bought all the wire online and thats 20ft of 1/0 awg, 50ft of 2 awg, 20 of 4 awg, 20ft of 16 awg speaker wire, and i believe i got all of that for less than $100.

but yea.. unless u wanna buy a new vehicle and do another build in that u MUST replace that 10 ga b/c it CANNOT handle that much power for any extended period of time. or wut u can do is just turn your amp WAY down.

JAWJA COUNTRY BOYS CAN BOOM TOO!!!!

O8 CHEVY SILVERADO 5.3 VORTEC

LT EXT CAB

6.5" JVC COAXIAL DOOR SPEAKERS ALL THE WAY AROUND

4 250W 2"POWER ACOUSTIK TWEETERS

SOON TO BE 2 DD512'S IN A 5 CUBE BOX VENTED. POWERED BY A CRUNCH 1400X 2

SOON TO ALSO AMP UP THE DOOR SPEAKERS WHEN THE SUBS ARE ADDED

MUCH MORE ON THE DRAWING BOARD FOR THIS TRUCK!!!!!

Do you have a welding supply store near u? Its the same wire (as long as its multi strand) as battery wire..... but for much less

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

Uhhhhh, What???? yeah you can feel 12 Volts. Ever stick your tounge on a 9V you can feel that cant you? why cant you feel 12?? But N E way get bigger wire. Have you ever tried to suck a milkshake thru a swizzle stick?? give that a try for an hour than you will know what your amp feels like....

It depends on numerous factors.

Your tongue, being coated by saliva (No, Not the band, kiddies.), has a low resistance thus allowing the battery to "short" accross your tongue and you feel it.

The tips of your fingers have a higher impedance, so, up to a point, you won't feel voltage.

The sensitivity to electrical current also depends on thickness of skin and amount of nerve endings in that area of your skin.

The back of your forearm, for example, is more sensitive than your fingertips to electrical shock.

^---First had experience on that one.

a friend at school heard my car and shit his pants, and asked me to look at his...

he had two Ref Infinity 12s and a pioneer amp, his ground....

was about a three foot long run of 32ga 12v wire.

NO LIE

and it all worked (horribly) but i'm surprised it didnt burn as soon as his car kicked on

-Drew

NO LIE eh?

do you even know what 32 gauge wire looks like?

xplod.jpg

refs: chode69, superduper

Archived