8v in series?

Hey guys, I am thinking about setting my second alt up to charge at around 18.8 volts and running 16v batteries. This alt is only connected to my sub stage amp (sq/aq3500). What's everyone's opinion on running a pair of these or something similar in series? 16v with 200ah. http://www.powerstridebattery.com/marine-batteries/8-volt-agm-golf-cart-battery

Money is tight, and this isn't meant to be a vs thread at all, but it would cost me over 1k in batts to get the same capacity from a big name battery. I just want opinions on what people think about running a pair of 8v batteries in series. Thanks.

I personally have never done anything like that so I really can't give you Any advice but about ten years ago a kid that worked at a local audio shop had a huge bank of 8v batts ran in series parallel so I know it can be done not sure what kind of voltage he charged them at though.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

I personally have never done anything like that so I really can't give you Any advice but about ten years ago a kid that worked at a local audio shop had a huge bank of 8v batts ran in series parallel so I know it can be done not sure what kind of voltage he charged them at though.

Just throwing this information into the thread because who knows, someone else might read this and learn something. There are 4 cells in an 8v battery, 6 in a 12v, and 8 in a 16v. each cell is 2.1v and the max recommended charging voltage for each cell is 2.4 volts. So a pair of 8 cell batteries in series should rest at 16.8 volts, max recomended charging voltage would be 19.2. If I set my alt to charge at 18.8 that's 2.35v (18.8/8) per cell which is close to the recommended max. That's how I determined what I would set my alt to charge at if I go through with this.

You'll be fine, team mate ran on a bank of 32 8v for a couple seasons

www.dcsoundlab.comDCforum.jpgyoutube video's kbsmoker2011 MECAOH AS3 Champ 147.5OH DB2 Champ 125.9WF AS3 3rd 147.3WF DB3 2nd 128.3

SystemPioneer AVH-P4300DVD2 sets Fusion Encounter 6.5 componentson Crunch Ground Pounder 1200.418" DC NEO

on DC 5.0KKnukonceptz 1/0 through outBig 3 all 1/0XS D6500under hood D3100 in the backMechman 270....rebuilt by Ohio Generator :)

Archived