Dbattise Posted June 5, 2014 Report Posted June 5, 2014 So I have a 2014 jeep grand cherokee and I want to add a sub. So I installed it and tried to tune it with a dd1 and it distorts at like 20 out of i don't remember right now. But would maybe a audio control lc2i fix this or no??
mothra Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 if your head unit is causing the distortion than no. if nothing changes, nothing changes You don't know what you don't know, till you don't know
Dbattise Posted June 6, 2014 Author Report Posted June 6, 2014 What would fix it. Because I know there's a lot off people who put subs in a car similar to mine. Like soundman put a full system in a jeep grand cherokee
S15_Silvia Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 Soundman also used an iPad with a 30pin to optical converter I believe. The factory head unit is nowhere to be found 2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix | On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said: 3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man. My feedback thread
REH Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 To clarify, you're trying to set it up in this order correct? Factory headunit > Factory amp > Line out converter > Aftermarket sub amp > Sub?
Dbattise Posted June 6, 2014 Author Report Posted June 6, 2014 Yes he used the factory headunit and like a couple of weeks later it came back to get a iPad installed. And yes that's the order or should I put the line output converter before the stock amp
REH Posted June 6, 2014 Report Posted June 6, 2014 Yes he used the factory headunit and like a couple of weeks later it came back to get a iPad installed. And yes that's the order or should I put the line output converter before the stock amp From what I've read/learned, you should put the LOC before the factory amplifier if possible.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.