Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

If this test is a acurate I'm hurt like a mother fucker.

haha, i've said how I do all of my tests.

I can't say that they accurate, but they are all consistent with each other.

I feel like these tests do provide valuable information though.

Well, did it atleast stay cool? Lol, it will be a 1500 in a few months.

Uhm, I bumped it in my car a bit and then my friends afterwards. it never got "hot" but it got warm, not sure if that's a good indicator of quality though, as the t2500 gets pretty hot.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

That seems about right in the ballpark considering the price, but i was hoping for more. that definitely pushes me go for the DC 2.0k instead though. Certified Dyno of the 2.0k hit 2351 watts @ 14.6v. A little more than the SQ-2200, but you get what you pay for.

I feel that hurt myself some. I love my SQ HDS312's, and was looking to match them with the 2200 so i could at least run the subs at their rated power, figuring it was under rated.

Where's the t1500.1bdcp results? Waiting on that to be done

I don't have a T1500, so there won't be any results for that in the near future. Based on my T2500, i expect the t1500 will do well over rated.

and to everyone else, SORRY! Hiked a mountain today with some friends. It was a great time, a great experience, and beautiful...but i know you guys don't care anything about that...

So onto the results!

The absolute BEST we could get out of this amp on a burp @ 1.3 ohms was 2157 and that was starting at 15.1 volts.

On any non-burps we couldn't get above 1900.

when rolling the volume up the best was 1863.

Maybe a clean 1.0 ohms would help it.

I'm going to keep my opinion to myself and let you guys discuss.

Also feel free to ask me any questions.

You said starting voltage was 15v. What was the voltage drop at the time of the power measurement?

But I don't see anything that should cause any butthurt.

Where's the t1500.1bdcp results? Waiting on that to be done

I don't have a T1500, so there won't be any results for that in the near future. Based on my T2500, i expect the t1500 will do well over rated.

and to everyone else, SORRY! Hiked a mountain today with some friends. It was a great time, a great experience, and beautiful...but i know you guys don't care anything about that...

So onto the results!

The absolute BEST we could get out of this amp on a burp @ 1.3 ohms was 2157 and that was starting at 15.1 volts.

On any non-burps we couldn't get above 1900.

when rolling the volume up the best was 1863.

Maybe a clean 1.0 ohms would help it.

I'm going to keep my opinion to myself and let you guys discuss.

Also feel free to ask me any questions.

You said starting voltage was 15v. What was the voltage drop at the time of the power measurement?

But I don't see anything that should cause any butthurt.

I unfortunately don't have an AD-1 so I'm not sure how I would measure voltage at the point where the measurement was taken. Which i know does mess with the accuracy of the test, but not the consistency when comparing it to the other amps i've tested.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived