Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

Looking at the patent it appears Miguel may be on to something the constant power tech says it limits power output.

So would that mean it's actually a bigger amp and the tech is limiting the output to keep it close at different impedance's?

Sure seems that way to me.

maybe someone smarter than me will see something I'm missing.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=7,994,857.PN.&OS=PN/7,994,857&RS=PN/7,994,857

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Where do you guys get all the amps from, are people sending them to you or him just to test?

:unknw:

Where do you guys get all the amps from, are people sending them to you or him just to test?

On that note, why are there no videos of these tests?

All numbers posted could be compromised since there is no video proof.

A lot of the tests have videos brother. Flick through some of the previous pages.

This is his channel with a BUNCH of videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/rtkota5point9

Looking at the patent it appears Miguel may be on to something the constant power tech says it limits power output.

So would that mean it's actually a bigger amp and the tech is limiting the output to keep it close at different impedance's?

Sure seems that way to me.

maybe someone smarter than me will see something I'm missing.

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=7,994,857.PN.&OS=PN/7,994,857&RS=PN/7,994,857

RTkota could explain this WAY better than I could. You're basically right though. It limits 1 ohm power to keep power a rather constant between 1-2 ohm loads.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

a dc9k on the dyno.. i know it dont rated but i got because i treated like a 7.5k amp. thats the power i was looking to get out of it

You're right about the constant power. It's technically a trick. It technically is a much larger amp that's tuned down.

Its all in the power supply. Much like a regulated power supply that increases or decreases its duty cycle with input voltage to keep the output constant, the bdcp does the same thing but with impedence.

Most power supplies run their pulse width modulation in the power supply at or near full duty cycle. The bdcp runs a lower duty cycle at 1-ohm. Not sure the exact number, but let's say its 50%. At 2-ohms it would increase its duty cycle to say 75%, increasing rail voltage to keep output the same. At 4-ohms it may be at 100% duty cycle.

Again not sure of exact duty cycle VS impedence, but you get the idea.

Honestly they could have just used a full duty cycle PS and called it a 3K or whatever amp. But the advantage is you can run it on a smaller sub setup and keep more consistent power throughout. Rather than matching a 3K amp to 3K sub's and having power drop off with rise.

Got some SoundQubed amps in the mail and these are the first I have seen that say "SoundQubed" actually on them so I am curious if anyone knows of any changes they have done to ANYTHING involving these amps?

I ask in this thread because of all the talk about these amps after the test results. Maybe someone knows something of changes to them? (not only external but maybe internal?)

SAM_0937_zps75e2c098.jpg

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

The T10001 I have posted in the for sale section was tested. There is no video for it though.

It did 1200 @ 1 ohm certified and 1700ish dynamic. :].

Yep, its a beast!

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Archived