Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

Is one of those a ground? Also, if it is a ground what is keeping that amp from arcing in your car?

Is just because it's pulling so much current that it created a large enough magnetic field to have a visible reaction.

No risk of arcing you need much more voltage for electricity to jump gaps.

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

So guys I was a little off on how Constant power works. Apparently it doesn't limit the pulse width of the power supply like I had assumed. It limits the pulse width of the output section instead. Same concept, just different area of the amplifier.

What gets me is that without constant power, the amp theoretically would do much more at 1-ohm than it currently does. But the question is could it handle the current? Hmmmm...

Is there a way to disable the constant power circuit and find out?

That being said a lot of people's definition of "music" is a clipped 30 hz sine wave with some 80 IQ knuckle head grunting about committing crimes and his genitals.

Is there a way to disable the constant power circuit and find out?

yeah, but not on my amplifier. ;]

Be a good sport now.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

im telling you guys.. that t2500 is really a 3800 to 4k amp.. with the CP mode it should do same numbers certified and dynamic with the right electrical.. the cp limits the amp so nothing not even voltage will let it put up more output... for those who run it at .5 to get more out of it.. it will never happen

one thing i have noticed is that the amps that have been tested so far have the potential to do more. there are 2 reasons but could be more.. 1) not enough electrical and 2) the power and ground wires need to be way shorter.. that ground shouldnt be 3 feet and seen that he is running that range of both power and ground.. it also looks like the t2500 has ways longer power and ground wires to test it where it is.. cut those wires and keep them 2 feet at max and you will notice a big difference on all the amps.. if you cant test being that short then adding a battery or caps near the amp will help.

It still consider it a 2500 watt amp the fact that it can do more is great but I'd rather have a 4k limited to 2500 working nice and easy than an amp the has to run at the max to hit it's rating.

It still consider it a 2500 watt amp the fact that it can do more is great but I'd rather have a 4k limited to 2500 working nice and easy than an amp the has to run at the max to hit it's rating.

true but no one will ever see 1 ohm out of any amp on music.. so those numbers can be thrown out the windows(for music). thats why i say if 3.5k amps do the same around 2 ohms and 4 ohms then you get more for your money going with korean amps. and yes its still a rated 2500 watt amp thats limited. im not saying whoever has one got ripped off or things like that.. if i had the cash to buy one i would but given that other 3.5k amps do the same i went with the korean board and saved a few hundred bones

Archived