Sundown Audio

Real world amp tests

Afficionado

Does impedance normally rise and fall as power increases? When I 'clamped' my 1500w amp with my amm-1 I also didnt see much difference in impedance from volume 10 up to volume 38 (max)

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does impedance normally rise and fall as power increases? When I 'clamped' my 1500w amp with my amm-1 I also didnt see much difference in impedance from volume 10 up to volume 38 (max)

It certainly can. A ton of factors can affect impedance as power increases.

But I was more commenting on how fast the AMM-1 is. Mine is all over the fuckin place as the volume gets rolled. I didn't mean it to sound like I was calling him a liar. My apologies.

Yeah thats what I was getting at that different situations will have different rise, mine only jumped around +- .2ohms all the way up to max.

I've gotten a blowjob and picked up my iphone behind her back to see what email notification I got from smd before

I'll be waiting on the t1500.1bdcp results. I'll be running 2 @ 2ohms hopefully holding 13+ volts

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

I'll be waiting on the t1500.1bdcp results. I'll be running 2 @ 2ohms hopefully holding 13+ volts

"Holding 13+ volts" is not as a drastic of an increase as some people would expect from their amps.

Not directed at you just in general.

I know people are going to get all upset but IMO "good voltage" is overrated.... at least from my testing. Go from 11v to 13v and id be surprised if you gained more than a couple tenths.. but thats just me and my experience.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

I want to hold 13+ volts just for piece of mind. Not trying to chase numbers just be stupid loud in a hatchback.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

You say that like any other amp will do 1 ohm rated power whilst being wire to 1 ohm nominal. I can only think of a couple non regulated amps that could achieve that.

And you say impedance only fluctuated one tenth from low volume to high? I'm not trying to be a dick, but I don't believe that one little bit. Lol.

But whatever... I don't really care to have a debate about the SS RUB2500.

Keep the resutls coming.

Believe whatever you like, I'm not trying to start a religion.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

wont be for a few weeks.

The planet audio 3k did.

40Hz tone up to clipping = 328 Watts RMS!

Music up to clipping = 472 Watts RMS!

This was wired to 1 ohm, but i do not know what the rise was. I wasn't present for the testing =/

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

So planet audio 3k do 10-20% of rated power... How sad

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

Archived