Sonic Electronix

New system burnt coil already!?

buying a 5000wrms amp to go and run it at 2ohms is a shame, and a huge waste of money.

You could of spent way less and bout a 2000 or 3000 watt amp at that point.

Run the amp at 1 ohm, but not before you have proper electrical to support the system, and a properly designed and built box to put the woofer in.

Couldn't be any worse then having 3 pairs of Kicker 15in Competition subs voice coils unwind on ya within 4 months!

I had to send in the 3rd pair to Kicker because the place refused to warranty them because of the issue, and later found out the glue Kicker had used on the voice coils was a new formula and it was not setting fast enough so the coils were unwinding during play!

73456w9vbwevsdb

sodtbsorutnvsd

sdtuspdun sd d

f gsdfiusd gdf n

I here ya fanaticz and totally agree cause i mean i bought a 5k amp so why would i not use it just for that. Not sure how to go about doing that tho. To me safe u can get a d1 ohm recone and wire it to 2 ohms but the sub wont take .5. And if i get a d2 i can wire it to 1ohm and get 5k out the amp. But everyone says its not a good idea.. plus i got the amp for only a couple hundred more than a 3500 watt board amp would had costed me brand new so :)

Don't get mad at these assholes that sound rude, that's there personality lol you get used to it on here but they know whats best and will help you no matter what.

Please upgrade your electrical and get a dd1. It's a great tool! You made a mistake and it happens but listen to what these dudes are saying

Archived