Sundown Audio

amp no output help

Awhitewookie

Wires have no visible corrosion. Checked my big 3 grounds and they are still tight.

New symptom: no output from 0-about 20 volume (max undistorted is 29) then ill get to around 24 and itll start having output at different levels

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

Wow, I'm at a loss.

Issue will probably seem pretty obvious once it's finally found, but I'm running out of ideas.

Sure hope another member decides to jump in and give it a go on tossing out possible causes.

The fact that it all began after traveling to a different region, to me, would have indicated the atmospheric changes could well have played a part in the issue arising, but having looked into what would have normally been the first things affected and seeing nothing abnormal, well....

Do you run a PAC? I had my amp shut off because the wire got pinched to the pac. and pulled it out and everything was ok.

05 Escape

2 Ascendant Audiio Mayhem 15s dual 1

Populus Audio 6500 (the only one around )

1/0 SHCA OFC

XS 3400 under the Hood

XS 3100s in the rear X2

Pioneer 80 Prs

Pac

Prv mids and highs

2 8s per door 1 tweet

I did run a PAC but then one of the wires broke so I currently have no knob, just straight RCA untill I get another PAC

MY BUILD

1998 Ford Explorer 2dr sport

1/0 Big 3 1/0 everything

Alpine cda-9884

Crescendo CZ components

(2) Crescendo bc2000's

(2) Jolt 150ah

(2) Yellow top optimas

(1) Juicebox black cherry addition

(1) Mechman 270 avbm

miss my bc5500 and (4) 15's

You know why people are ass holes online but not in person? Because getting punched in the mouth hurts.

If you have a power supply available take your amp inside. Get a input source with rcas to plug into input on the amp and test the amp. If it works fine off a power supply, you know your issue is somewhere else other then the amp. I always start at the amp and work my way around it to narrow the issue down. I have a old amp that has a similar issue to what you are describing. It powers up and everything appears normal but i get nothing on the speaker output. Possibly take the casing off the amp and take a peak inside for anything abnormal.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

the PAC lc1 isn't a remote gain knob it's a RCA level knob (what ever it is called)

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

The PAC LC1 is a universal remote gain/level knob. You can say it in another way (RCA level knob), but it's the same thing. It allows one to quickly adjust the level of the preamp outputs to which it's wired. Takes a little less time to adjust than the HU's sub level controls, but does the same thing.

Archived