I need some help for a SQ system set up

Hanslor

I have a 2004 Pacifica and want to have a Great SQ system, here are the items I now have

1) Pioneer head unit .. The DEX-P99RS receiver

2) Zapco amp 150.6 and Zapco 2kd

3) Morel Virtus 603 and Morel Hybrid Integra 602

4) AlumaPro 10 inch MX subs 2 of them and Atreand sealed boxes

5) XS Power D3400 battery

6) MechMan 270 alternator

I know this isn't the best, but I believe it should do the job. I am going to install this all my self because where I live we don't have true installers that I believe in. I have the Pioneer and Blues speakers already installed, and the people that did it, did a very bad job.

I will be doing the big 4 wiring and running all new speaker wires.

I am not new to this but its been MANY MANY years, but I do have the understanding.

I would like any info that will help me have Great sound, but I'm not rich at all. I don't know how to fiber glass, I don't know where to set up the speakers.

Any help would be very helpful.

I hope that when I finish my install, to drive some place to have help setting up the sound because I have no idea how to operate the Pioneer.

I have a 2004 Pacifica and want to have a Great SQ system, here are the items I now have

1) Pioneer head unit .. The DEX-P99RS receiver

2) Zapco amp 150.6 and Zapco 2kd

3) Morel Virtus 603 and Morel Hybrid Integra 602

4) AlumaPro 10 inch MX subs 2 of them and Atreand sealed boxes

5) XS Power D3400 battery

6) MechMan 270 alternator

I know this isn't the best, but I believe it should do the job. I am going to install this all my self because where I live we don't have true installers that I believe in. I have the Pioneer and Blues speakers already installed, and the people that did it, did a very bad job.

I will be doing the big 4 wiring and running all new speaker wires.

I am not new to this but its been MANY MANY years, but I do have the understanding.

I would like any info that will help me have Great sound, but I'm not rich at all. I don't know how to fiber glass, I don't know where to set up the speakers.

Any help would be very helpful.

I hope that when I finish my install, to drive some place to have help setting up the sound because I have no idea how to operate the Pioneer.

I had to quote you and remove the background changes so I could read your post with this shitty laptop

Welcome to SMD ... Sounds like a great start to an awesome sound system !!!

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Thank you, I forgot .... I'll be running the sub's at 8 ohms, I'm not going for heart stopping volume, just Great sound. I also have the AlumoPro 10inch ported box, I'll be switching out sub's depending on what sound I'll be going for.

I live in Buffalo,NY and I am ready to travel within a 12 hour drive to get my sound correct.

Here is a little more info... I don't know how to tune an amp and I want to run the highs output thru one channel, the mids output thru another channel and the woofer output thru another on the Zapco Z 150.6,, should I use the Morel cross overs or just run with the Pioneer slopes.

Yes as you can see I am lost here and looking for BIG help and info

Thank you, I forgot .... I'll be running the sub's at 8 ohms, I'm not going for heart stopping volume, just Great sound. I also have the AlumoPro 10inch ported box, I'll be switching out sub's depending on what sound I'll be going for.

Not sure about the Zapco stuff, but If you was running the Linear Power amplifiers ... 8 ohms mono would be perfect.

I also have 2 Linear Power amps and if anyone doesn't know .... the Blues speakers are made by the people of Linear Power, and the do have a wonderful sound.

then ditch the Zapcos ... or you can send me the unwanted Linear / Blues equipment.

I will put them to good use ... LOL

I'm a member of Team Linear Power / Blues Car Audio.

What do you have ?? A component set ??

Pictures of your vehicle's dash / A-pillar / kick pannel / doors areas will help us help you on how you need to install your drivers in order to get you the sound that you are looking for ...

Here is a little more info... I don't know how to tune an amp and I want to run the highs output thru one channel, the mids output thru another channel and the woofer output thru another on the Zapco Z 150.6,, should I use the Morel cross overs or just run with the Pioneer slopes.

Yes as you can see I am lost here and looking for BIG help and info

Let the P99RS do all of the work and set your amplifiers to run fullrange.

All the adjustments needed are in the headunit for simple operation.

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived