Sundown Audio

sub amp distortion occurs easier now...

When I first setup my system a couple of years ago with DD1 my bass boost was at like 6db on amp and i was able to get gain to about .5v before distortion. Now recently I can only get .5v gain with bass boost set at 0 before distortion. What would cause this sudden change in my system? Is the bass boost somehow pulling more power or is the amp not supplying as much...

Leave bass boost off, unless you know exactly what it does and tune to the frequency of the peak.

Chances are good something else changed in your system. You sure nothing did?

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Leave bass boost off, unless you know exactly what it does and tune to the frequency of the peak.

would setting the gain higher on my 4 channel amp take gain away from the mono amp for subs??... because i used to have the 4 channel set lower on gain. but that wasnt a recent change.

would setting the gain higher on my 4 channel amp take gain away from the mono amp for subs??... because i used to have the 4 channel set lower on gain. but that wasnt a recent change.

no that won't. A connection getting loose can, or something deteriorating or loosing some of it's connection can. Also, turn that bass boost off.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

also i believe before my max listening volume with gain was set to 15 and now i have it set to 20.

This is probably playing a big role in your issue of increased distortion.

also, the use of a 6dB bass boost is asking the amplifier to triple it's power output at whatever frequency the boost is centered.

Archived