The Hulk--need Your Opinion!

Are you using fleckstone paint if so it should look just fine they also make a white fleckstone paint you might be better off going with that if your leather is a really light color

nah, my leather is a bit darker...its the two tone dark tan....i think the black will look pretty bad ass..just wish i had more to do...ebay shippin ftl on door speakers and stuff...:(

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

You could start to prime your box and then paint it

yea im goin too...gonna go to ace here in a few minutes to get some flat black...id rather spray it with more black cause its cheaper then the fleck...plus i think the light coat of flex looks better anyway

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

You will use a lot less fleck paint when you prime the box in the base color. Step up your game and use wood filler to fill the screw holes ;)

Oh, and next time use wood screws not drywall screws :P

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

You will use a lot less fleck paint when you prime the box in the base color. Step up your game and use wood filler to fill the screw holes ;)

Oh, and next time use wood screws not drywall screws :P

drywall screws are free 99 for me...:) yea yea, all i did was just screw and glue most of it together, gotta caulk the inside still, add some 2x4's and then spray paint it..guess i better run to ace soon

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

ok, i have 2 new pixs, one is good, and one is bad...i went into town to have lunch with a friend and......well when i got back bad news..i put the box on top of the garage, one to dry cause it has good air flow, and 2 because we have 3 dogs, and i have 2 little brothers...who never stop running, nor watch out...so i come back and well the paint is dry, but my box is on the ground..and not the way i left it.... i honestly have no idea how it happened but all i kno is, the box is now fuckin ugly, i got it put back together as best i could and as it is airtight and stronger than before (as to survive a 20 foot fall next time) it still looks really bad, now here is my question, since i have like 100 bucks into this box, should i just keep it and say whatever, or should i just carpet it or w/e, i think it looks really good with the fleckstone.but idk

anyway who wants pix (with no bashing, the box didnt look like this before, had to imprivise)

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

here is first one, all nice and happy

Posted Image

and the bad one

fucked up pix...dosnt need to b here

put it back together, or tried at least cause im out of mdf, used the rest for a amp rack...and thats how it looks, kinda shitty...when i put it back together i didnt wipe the glue off that side, only that one cause i was gettin the rest together, but it is VERY air tight..and very strong (now) so idk, i could throw some carpet on it and see nothin, but i like the way the fleckstone looks.... idk

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

first thing I wanna say is Im not Dogging you at all, this is an Educational Post. B)

1st thing I see is that your using way to many screws, all the screws do is hold the wood in place while the glue bonds the wood.

2nd thing is, if your gonna use screws pre-drill your holes with a counter sink with pilot bit, this will keep the wood from splitting on your corner screws, and makes the box look 10x more pleasing to the eye as they wont be anyscrews showing after you fill your holes in.

you need a corner vise badly, I understand the box fell and what not , but the corner vise will make all your seems smooth and nice if you cut straight.

not bad for your first go round but Id toss that thing in the trash and try agian, this time slow down abit, take your time and do it right and you will be much happier with the outcome.

Archived