Second Skin Audio

2013 Toyota Camry Sealed Trunk... 2 12" Ethos Questions???

If you are running Ethos drivers, I don't understand why you didn't get all of the information you needed from Quentin Jarrell ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Looks good. Making everything look clean is the hard part, what are you covering the front of the box with and all the Q mat? Btw on all your connections on the amp I noticed you left some of the copper strands exposed? I would suggest cutting em down a notch, i wouldn't want any wires exposed especially being that close together even if it is strapped down and tight connections. Is that the most you could cut out of the opening to the trunk? Looks like you got some on the top and left side still.. Tuned in for the cleanup on the interior.

"Toyota Camry rebuild page 21 (link)http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183768-94-crossfire-camry-18s-walled-singer-alt-has-arrived-rebuild-starts-pg-10/page-21

PIONEER DEH-P8400BH

2 CROSSFIRE C5 1700D

2 CROSSFIRE C7 18

HOOD. NSB GROUP48 TRUNK SMS AGM400

DUAL RUNS X SCORP 1/0 OFC

275A SINGER ALT.

DYNAMAT XTREME

SOUNDSTREAM TA4.280

PIONEER COMPONENTS

If you are running Ethos drivers, I don't understand why you didn't get all of the information you needed from Quentin Jarrell ???

This build was a HUGE learning experience for me. He gave me all the information I asked for... I didn't realize what my options were until I was in the middle of my build. I didn't fully understand rise and other aspects of this build. It's not like I was throwing a 1K amp in the back on 2 Kicker 12's. It's my fault and this was a big learning experience for me. This is my first sub/port forward, trunk sealed build on big power. You gotta start somewhere... I'm not upset at all with the results, but all I'm saying is that if I would have known what I know today, I would have ordered 15" D1's and built the box in my trunk.

Am I happy with my D2 12's? Hell yeah! I'm proud of this build and as soon as I finish up the cosmetics, I will own this build...

Quentin was very helpful anytime I asked him a question. None of the problems I encountered had anything to do him. I would/will definitely do business with him again...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

240a MechMan HO Alternator

1/0 Welding Flex Cable Big 3

CT Sounds 4000.1D

Kenwood XR400-4 Mid/High Amp

SoundQubed Q4-120 Mid Amp

Infinity Kappa 6.5 components

Kappa 6x9's for rear deck fill (coming out)

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Set of SoundQubed SuperTweets

(2) DSS Ethos 12's D2's @32.5hz (building 4th order enclosure)

(2) SQ HDC3 10's @ 33.5hz (current build, loving them)

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

100 sq/ft Stinger RoadKill Sound Deadner

120 sq/ft QMat Sound Deadener

(4) Juice Box Black Cherries

Lots and Lots of feet of SHCA wire, along with 50' of Welding 1/0

2 Runs of 1/0 Positive front to back

ToolMaker Everywhere

Looks good. Making everything look clean is the hard part, what are you covering the front of the box with and all the Q mat? Btw on all your connections on the amp I noticed you left some of the copper strands exposed? I would suggest cutting em down a notch, i wouldn't want any wires exposed especially being that close together even if it is strapped down and tight connections. Is that the most you could cut out of the opening to the trunk? Looks like you got some on the top and left side still.. Tuned in for the cleanup on the interior.

I'm going to cut out a piece of 1/4" ply and cover it in some sort of vinyl. Not sure what pattern yet. I was actually thinking about shagging the front of the enclosure and the deck with all the QMat with some sort of super shag carpeting. Should look pretty cool with all the air that's moving in the interior now.

About the copper, I didn't realize it was that bad until I watched the video. When I stripped the wire, everything seemed to go in all the way. I guess when I screwed it down tight, it caused it to expand outwards pretty bad. I have some Dropping HZ Input Lugs that I will clean everything up with. You are very correct, if any of that copper touches and grounds out, I could have a REALLY BIG PROBLEM on my hands.

As far as the trunk, pull up pictures of a 2013 Toyota Camry. It's a bitch of hole they put back there. My car is still too new for me to go taking a hacksaw on right now! lol. I just butted the enclosure up as good as I could, layed QMat and Gorilla tape down, filled in gaps with Great Seal, and covered it again with QMat. I'm sure there was probably an easier, cleaner, better way of doing this, but like I said, this was a HUGE learning experience for me. I'm just proud of myself for completing it and it actually sounding good...

I will post pics in about a week of the finished install. Hopefully all you see is subs and port with whatever I decide to use for covering... More to come

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

I believe I covered all the holes into the trunk. I was playing full tilt and didn't notice any drafts coming in. I will do a once over again and make sure everything is sealed tight. But, I think for now she is all good, except for the exposed copper strands...

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

I have YouTube editing the videos for the shakiness. Like I said, I did no editing and just posted them. Sorry for the shakiness, problem is being corrected right now....

2013 Toyota Camry SE

CT Sounds 4000.1D

(4) 8" PRV 8MB450's

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

ToolMaker Everywhere

Archived