Second Skin Audio

Zv4 10" enclosure?

Ah yeah, port compression is a bad thing, a very bad thing. It turns your ported box into a leaky sealed box. If that's how you want your box to work, like a leaky sealed box, be my guest.

As far as "take your head out of the computer and think about actually implementing the thing in its intended environment", yeah been there, done that. Like I said, I just built a box for a 10" Z.v4. It had 1.5 cubes of space net, 30 Hz tune, and 30 sq. in. of port. Here it is:

2014-04-14154423_zps0cefed78.jpg

Now lets see the boxes you have build for Z.v4.

As far as the 6" aero goes, I'm not advocating they take that route, I'm just giving the info on what it would need to be if they want to try to make it work. I use slot ports on my builds, and I suggested that a slot port would be the least difficult route for them to take in my previous post.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."
"Making bass is easy, making music is the hard part."

Builds:

U7qkMTL.jpg  LgPgE9w.jpg  Od2G3u1.jpg  xMyLoO1.jpg  9pAlXUK.jpg

Let's see a sketchup of a a 1.8cf box with a 37" long 6" aero.

Since the OP said its going in a pickup and he is reverse mounting the sub this was pretty easy.

aero_zps4f65fc4c.jpg

Before you say it, I should probably tweak the design so its a little wider to give more room at the end of the port, but that's easily doable.

"Nothing prevents people from knowing the truth more than the belief they already know it."

Builds:

This quarter wave was pretty nasty though.

I like your quarter wave box, what sub did you use in it?

Builds:

Let's see a sketchup of a a 1.8cf box with a 37" long 6" aero.

Since the OP said its going in a pickup and he is reverse mounting the sub this was pretty easy.

aero_zps4f65fc4c.jpg

Before you say it, I should probably tweak the design so its a little wider to give more room at the end of the port, but that's easily doable.

Nice. Or you could use boundary loading to shorten that bish up.

Archived