fatdaddy1999 Posted July 3, 2014 Report Posted July 3, 2014 I have two FI BTL N2 15's ( fully loaded) I have been told not to run them in a 4th order but no one can tell me why. The only reason I can figure is because of cooling issues. Can anyone explain why it is not recommended to run these in a 4th order and if it is because of cooling issues would inverting the magnets into the ported section solve the problem
youngbass98 Posted July 3, 2014 Report Posted July 3, 2014 because the qts on the parameters of the sub would recommend a ported box or a 6th order if I am mistaken someone correct me 06 monte carlo 2 12 rockford p3s soundstream rubicon 2500 crescendo audio mezzo 6.5 ct sounds 125.4 execution audio and shca wiring 2 xs d3400 on stock alt
Krakin Posted July 3, 2014 Report Posted July 3, 2014 Qts does not determine what enclosure you should use your driver with. Qts characterizes the combined electric and mechanical damping of the driver. You look at the EBP of the driver, which is found by the Fs or the driver divided by the Qes. Roughly X<50 is more likely to be better for a sealed/4th order bandpass enclosure, x=50-100 is good for all, x>100 is better to be used in vented/6th order bandpass. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
fatdaddy1999 Posted July 3, 2014 Author Report Posted July 3, 2014 Ok. I bought the speakers used/new but the spec aheet was gone. I have looked on FI's page and cant find the specs on the subs. Any help would be great.
Krakin Posted July 3, 2014 Report Posted July 3, 2014 Maybe there is someone on here that has that sub that can help with the specs. Krakin's Home Dipole Project http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/186153-krakins-dipole-project-new-reciever-in-rockford-science/#entry2772370 Krakin, are you some sort of mad scientist? I would have replied earlier, but I was measuring the output of my amp with a yardstick . . . What you hear is not the air pressure variation in itself but what has drawn your attention in the two streams of superimposed air pressure variations at your eardrums An acoustic event has dimensions of Time, Tone, Loudness and Space Everyone learns to render the 3-dimensional localization of sound based on the individual shape of their ears, thus no formula can achieve a definite effect for every listener.
Joe X Posted July 3, 2014 Report Posted July 3, 2014 Here below are the specs of the sub, yes it doesn't look too good for a 4th BP box, it has nothing to do with cooling issues (since you can always place the motor in the front chamber so it wouldn't be too different to a ported box in that respect). Fi btl n2 15 D1/D2Fs: 36.6 Hz | 36.3 HzRe: 0.7 Ohms/coil | 1.4 Ohms/coilQms: 7.08 | 7.14Qes: .28 | .28Qts: .27 | .27Mms: 270g | 275gSd: 810cm^2 | 810cm^2Vas: 64.4 l | 64.4 lSpl: 92.4dB1W/1m | 92.4dB1W/1mBl: 17.8 N/A | 25.1 N/AXmax: 28mm * | 28mm *Rms: 2000W * | 2000W *Sealed box: N/A cuft | N/A cuftPorted box: 2.5-5.0cuft | 2.5-5.0cuftSub OD: 15.625” | 15.625”Cut ID: 14.125” | 14.125”Mounting depth: 9.625” | 9.625”Displacement: 0.14cuft | 0.14cuft
DylanBunch Posted July 3, 2014 Report Posted July 3, 2014 I could be wrong but it's my understanding that the qts determines how efficient it is in sealed/4th or 6th/ported, lower qts being ported/6th and higher qts being sealed/4th 2006 Ford Explorer 2 Team AA/Sundown 15s 6th order Ct Sounds 7k 4 PRV Mr500 8s Rockford p1000-2 Team Subsonic Lows
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.