Second Skin Audio

Port Bracing

Syvirus

I have a quick question about bracing a port. When puting the bracing in do i need to worry about where i place the bracing as it will cause port noise?

This is to give you a idea of the kind of box im building this is not my exact box! (My port is the whole width of the box and is for 4 15") So if i was to use that 1" circle bracing would i have to worry about port noise?

2xdd2515t.jpg

Sorry if it dosnt make sense lol im so bad at explaining stuff.

You mean wooden dowels? Shouldn't be a problem. You're going to have a bigger issue with the entry or exit of the port than dowels.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

You mean wooden dowels? Shouldn't be a problem. You're going to have a bigger issue with the entry or exit of the port than dowels.

Yeh Dowels, i totally forgot what they where called. So i should be able to place say 4 in the port without a problem then?

Shouldn't have a huge problem. I'd just run a single brace down the middle like the one above though. Should be enough.

"Clipping" is the biggest forum boner now. It's like witchcraft... it automatically explains just about everything people don't understand.

My build log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/200295-gckless-2011-chevrolet-impala/

High resolution photos: Gilbert Kless Photography

Anything that you place in port airspace does not change net volume, if your port area is low, you could get some noise due to turbulence around the bracing, just make sure your port area is adequate for the subs in question.

Shouldn't have a huge problem. I'd just run a single brace down the middle like the one above though. Should be enough.

Anything that you place in port airspace does not change net volume, if your port area is low, you could get some noise due to turbulence around the bracing, just make sure your port area is adequate for the subs in question.

Thanks for the replys. I ended up get some 1" Dowel im going to put 4 stands in the port hopefully my port area is big enough that it dosnt make any noise lol

Archived