Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

4 sundown x-12s enclosure


Recommended Posts

Posted

thats quite large for 4 12's. what you have to realize is that in a common chamber enclosure as you add more and more subs you use less internal volume for each.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

 

 

 

 

Posted

Unless all you want this system to play is below 35hz.. I strongly recommend tuning them a bit higher.

These are woofers that will get low all on their own. No need to tune low. Bring it up to 32-34hz.

I don't know your goals, but I'm going to assume an all around musical system.

That's a lot of port area. I had the same port area in my last wall for my 4 15" Obsidians. Granted these woofers do require a bit more port area, but not that much more.

100-120 would be fine, and give you a little bit more bandwidth.

Your volume is pretty good, though.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

I have 2 x15 @ 32hz. And they still get down pretty low.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows


Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch


Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

Posted

I'm running 2 x-12's sealed in the trunk in my car. I have them on 5.3 cubes net, and take my word that it is TOO much. These subs really don't need that much air space. I'm overpowering each driver by about 300-500 watts. I'm going to try to reduce the box to about 4 cubes as i think that will be much better.

My car is currently peaking at 31 hz and its HELLA destructive. even for just 2x 12's. Beware though, these subs really don't meter that awesome.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Posted

2.65 cubes sealed per 12 is huge... That's big for ported.

Bring it down to 1.25-1.5 sealed per.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Posted

I'm not really looking to meter just wanting some good lowz. I'll redesign it here in a minute. Plus there is no way for me to squeeze all 4 x12s below the window line in my car anyway...

Posted

2.65 cubes sealed per 12 is huge... That's big for ported.

Bring it down to 1.25-1.5 sealed per.

I mean it's walled in the trunk, but people get their panties in a bunch when you call it a trunk wall. The box is ported, but it's sealed off from the trunk.

If you have any questions relating to nutrition, lifting, or health in general, feel free to give me a PM and I will give you straight forward advice with no BS involved.

Posted

Ooooh. Sealed off. Okay.

2-2.25 per.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

 

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6316 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...