Sonic Electronix

New Here =], Need Help On Picking New Subs!

whats up guys hows it going? i hope I'm posting this in the right place if not bare with me still getting used to this!

My name is kenny I'm 21 from socal, i drive a satin white bagged 350z (air suspension/management installed by me) and I'm tired of my lame rockford fosgate p3's. I finally got a sponsor with a car shop and they're upgrading my audio for free. Unfortunately for the 350z I'm very limited on space so i can't go all out like my previous car. The best box I've found for my use is this right here

(click link)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-NISSAN-350Z-Sub-Subwoofer-Enclosure-Speaker-Box-Plexiglass-Amp-Rack-/260904427484?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item3cbf1d9fdc&vxp=mtr

Unfortunately my sponsor doesn't include building a custom box for me, it just includes parts so i pretty much have to work with what I've got which kinda sucks because i can't build the box to specs, or have the ports tuned for best sounding but I'm trying to make the best of it i just miss my loud bass.

all my components have been upgraded to focal speakers/rockford fosgate amps. I installed/wired everything myself.

so here are my options to the audio i can get from my sponsor, keep in mind i have very limited space (link to enclosure above) so i can't go crazy with this one.

So I'm going to need help picking the best bang for my car, my previous car had 3 sundown audio sa 12's with 3 rockford fosgate r-1000 amps 2012 edition (i believe they're discontinued now) so my standards are pretty high, not competition high but at least higher than the 10" p3's I'm using right now.

Here are my options, again this stuff is all free so this isn't my choice

1) 2 12" Kicker L7 /Hifonics Brutus 2000 watts rms (cea206 compliant)

2)2 12" Alpine Type R's/Rockford Fosgate r1200

3)2 12" Rockford Fosgate P3's/ Rockford Fosgate r1200

keep in mind of the box ill be using as well!

I mostly listen to hiphop and dubstep/house etc etc

Im also running a xs power d3400 battery, and 1 gauge rockford fosgate wiring throughout the whole car

thanks for any help in advance, here are some pictures of my car =]

image-4copy_zpsce610bbf.jpeg

image-3_zps3dda0aab.jpeg

image_zps91d736da.jpeg

image-2_zps09515c6a.jpeg

image-4_zps90acc718.jpeg

I understand the part where they won't build the box for you, but why dont build the box yourself?

Edit: you're tired of your p3's but then list them as an option? Probably going to get locked for a vs thread but looking at specs the type r would be closest to the .7 cubes the box lists

I understand the part where they won't build the box for you, but why dont build the box yourself?

I've never built a box before, my previous car's box was built by my friend but he doesn't live in california anymore =[, and i can't really spend more than $250 on a box considering I'm about to do a makeover on this car (exterior/interior) and i don't know too many shops that will build a custom box for my car for that price

I think that those sa 10s are probably the loudest you are going to get with your options

06 monte carlo

2 12 rockford p3s

soundstream rubicon 2500

crescendo audio mezzo 6.5

ct sounds 125.4

execution audio and shca wiring

2 xs d3400 on stock alt

I wouldnt go with any of the sub options you listed. To many better subs out there.

On a side note, what's up with the wheel camber.

truthsayer

I wouldnt go with any of the sub options you listed. To many better subs out there.

On a side note, what's up with the wheel camber.

everything is free though, and they're all better than my 10" p3's so I'm really just wondering which is best from that list...if it was up too me i wouldve went with 2 sundown audio sa12's, but thats not in my list of options or do i have the space in my car to get full potential from the subs.

the cars camber goes to negative -8 when i air it down, aired up its at -3 which is pretty normal for regular cars

Archived