Jump to content

Volvo 740 wagon. The Beat Box. (NEW CAR!)


Recommended Posts

Posted

yeah they are nice! I really did like them. ran them on an old apline v12 4 channel, just the fronts though. Bridged. so around 100 watts a side.

On 1/4/2013 at 9:31 PM, HatersGonnaHate said:

Wow. 184 posts and I think you're a fucking asshole.

 

Posted

Any opinions on these Alpines? The tweeter mounting works best for me and the power handling looks to be adequate.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_34365_Alpine-SPR-50C.html

Or pioneer...

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/pictures_new.php?id=106169&picture_id=2839835

I have a Pioneer 600.4 laying around if things get silly..

For the record, these are what I'm running currently. 5.25 rears and 6.25 fronts. I don't need to switch, but my options are open when I reinforce the doors. I want smaller fronts so I can hide them under the factory grills easier.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_18835_Rockford-Fosgate-Punch-P152-S.html

IMAG01471_zps35d4ea12.jpg

I don't really use those lower door pockets...I wonder how well a mid woofer would do in a little box down there..

We don't do it for the glory.

Posted

Deep clean your glass with some #0000 steel wool and some rain x. Youd be surprised the results.

Didn't consider the Rain X, I may give that a try!

We don't do it for the glory.

Posted

No system updates until probably next weekend, but the new wheels are nice. Ride quality has much improved.

DSCN04281_zpsnduemip4.jpg

We don't do it for the glory.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
These guys came in to get a car wash and I got them to sign off a fix-it ticket I got a few weeks ago (stereo shook loose a tail light plug). They were cool, liked the Volvo.


DSCN31691_zpsd4cbe6s2.jpg

We don't do it for the glory.

  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Bass meet last night in Modesto. The Accord does 150+db in competition, pretty sick.


20161112_2025101_zpsayghdleu.jpg


Accord trunk, potato camera


20161112_1939251_zpsoqtxwkfz.jpg

We don't do it for the glory.

  • 1 year later...
Posted

So the 740 is still alive. I'm parked next to my Dad's Volvo 265 wagon that has had an LT1 from a C4 corvette swapped into it. We are sourcing interior pieces, and then a stereo thread can happen! My Volvo is running the same system, still banging after doing some maintenance ? I upgraded the turbo, injectors, and a few other things ?(pics to come). Photobucket royally F'd the lot of us, so I'll have to set aside some time to clean up this thread. Any new Volvo guys on the boards?

KqQ6lcFl.jpg

We don't do it for the glory.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 791 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...